Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds, Liverpool or Palace?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Palace, by a mile. Not even close. All the hype around us won't mean much if we lose that one, it's time to put down a marker that things have changed.

I'm going to Liverpool for the occasion and the very slim off chance that there is a shock, but I wouldn't mind Gus putting out the reserves.

In fact, Leeds and Palace must be absolutely delighted with that draw and the timing of the match, and how Gus marshals his resources over those three huge, physically and mentally draining games in six days is going to be another big test for him. Mind you, he's sailed over every hurdle so far.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In fact, Leeds and Palace must be absolutely delighted with that draw and the timing of the match, and how Gus marshals his resources over those three huge, physically and mentally draining games in six days is going to be another big test for him. Mind you, he's sailed over every hurdle so far.
I don't see it making a difference really. Both Palace and Leeds are still in that cup. But while Leeds will get an extra day's rest before the league fixture with us, Palace are at a distinct disadvantage - we play Leeds on the Friday then Palace on the Tuesday. However, Palace play a league game on the Saturday, so we'll get an extra day's rest.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Definately Palace, preferably by a cricket score with Murray skulking off at 3-0 down with an "injury" after missing a gilt-edged chance.

I would however like to beat all three.

I thought you would care more about Bournemouth, or Exeter or someone closer to your usual level. Liverpool will only field the reserves, you may have a chance to beat them. I went onto a couple of their websites and taught them some chants, hope you enjoy them!

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
I thought you would care more about Bournemouth, or Exeter or someone closer to your usual level. Liverpool will only field the reserves, you may have a chance to beat them. I went onto a couple of their websites and taught them some chants, hope you enjoy them!

Christ, if that's our usual level now and were above you then you must be f***ing awful. :dunce:

Christ, if that's our usual level now and were above you then you must be f***ing awful. :dunce:

You're above us for exactly how long? This really is a brilliant joke: let me spell it out for you. You have been promoted this season, you are doing pretty well, you are above us at the moment. However, exactly how long have we been above you? I can actually hardly remember. I wouldn't bask in your glory for too long - it really won't last. It's all delusions of grandeur, or something like that. Congratulations now you are such a big established team.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Look at the table dickhead, You're nearer to Exeter and Bournemouth. I wouldn't be so cocky now you that have No banks or businesses left to rip off and keep you in an artificially inflated position.

this will be your new rival numbnuts, once we have left you behind..... :tosser:

6igmlc.jpg

Look at the table dickhead, You're nearer to Exeter and Bournemouth. I wouldn't be so cocky now you that have No banks or businesses left to rip off and keep you in an artificially inflated position.

this will be your new rival numbnuts, once we have left you behind..... :tosser:

6igmlc.jpg

They tried to have a rivalry but failed. Why would we care about them? I am looking at the table ... only a few games have gone, still plenty more to come. A flash in the pan is what you are called. All over by Christmas - when Poyet leaves for a real team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here