Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leeds fan in peace and weather update !

Mar 10, 2023
Afternoon all

First the weather - we’ve had a lot of snow in the last 24 hours. However the main roads are clear. The pitch will be perfect come matchday. The only issue is the car parks. I can confirm work is going on now to clear these. The sun is shining now and I would say the game will 100% go ahead. Drinking before the game ? Leeds has some fantastic bars and you will not get any bother unless you start kicking off. Water Lane 5 mins from the Station has 2 great little bars, Midnight Bell and Cross Keys. These are located behind the train station. The Peacock near the ground is home only, however the security are poor when checking tickets. Just flash it and you’ll probably get in. The game ? We’ve been pretty competitive in most games this season but struggle to score. I’m expecting a tight game and have no idea which way it will go. The atmosphere could go one way or the other. We have 2 ends behind the goal which are vociferous at times and the rest of the ground joins in too at times. I hear you have sold about 2.500 which is a great effort. The car parks can take ages to get away from after the game but the motorway system is right next to the ground so once on there you’re away. Also you can use the shuttle bus in to town which takes 5 mins or so through the bus lanes. Have a good trip and don’t enjoy your day too much !

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Afternoon all

First the weather - we’ve had a lot of snow in the last 24 hours. However the main roads are clear. The pitch will be perfect come matchday. The only issue is the car parks. I can confirm work is going on now to clear these. The sun is shining now and I would say the game will 100% go ahead. Drinking before the game ? Leeds has some fantastic bars and you will not get any bother unless you start kicking off. Water Lane 5 mins from the Station has 2 great little bars, Midnight Bell and Cross Keys. These are located behind the train station. The Peacock near the ground is home only, however the security are poor when checking tickets. Just flash it and you’ll probably get in. The game ? We’ve been pretty competitive in most games this season but struggle to score. I’m expecting a tight game and have no idea which way it will go. The atmosphere could go one way or the other. We have 2 ends behind the goal which are vociferous at times and the rest of the ground joins in too at times. I hear you have sold about 2.500 which is a great effort. The car parks can take ages to get away from after the game but the motorway system is right next to the ground so once on there you’re away. Also you can use the shuttle bus in to town which takes 5 mins or so through the bus lanes. Have a good trip and don’t enjoy your day too much !
Thanks….looking forward to the game and a decent night out afterwards 😀🍻🍻

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Afternoon all

Matron !

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If I was going I'd go to Whitelock's and have some lovely beer.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Afternoon all

That is rather sporting of you ol'chap

what's the catch, are there hoards of ruffians waiting for us in the Midnight Bell & Cross Keys ?
Anyway, I will not be attending due to the last time I went in 86 and after scoring in the final minutes to secure a 3-2 win to the good guys, I got a clump round the ear, I was only 15, I screamed for a policeman, but he told me "man up you soft Sothern pansy"

Leeds is actually a great night out, was there a place called the marquee ? pretty sure I saw the Meteors there.
I went to a Psychobilly all-dayer held in a Jamaican club or something in Chapeltown which was interesting, the old bill turned up several times during the day and night.

Anyways good luck, your gonna need it....
;)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Afternoon all

Hopefully they will get the car park open, however I do have 4 X 4 so should be ok (famous last words)

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Afternoon all

Thanks.

Have you ever lived in Sweden? What your feelings about Graham Potter? Pizza? Weed?

Dec 29, 2011
Thanks.

Have you ever lived in Sweden? What your feelings about Graham Potter? Pizza? Weed?
Why are you bringing this shit up? In the last few months a certain character 'ruining' the forum has been a contentious topic, so much so that new rules have been implemented to amend the problem. And on a totally unrelated thread you poke the bear. Shouldn't you know better as a mod?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Can't wait for this one. So much so that I'm going to have to try really hard not to get overexcited and start drinking too early.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Been to Elland Road a few times now. Stewarding is much better and friendlier these days. A good day out.
Also think it’ll be a tight one!
Thanks for the heads up re parking. Hadn’t thought of that issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here