Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lee Wallace...

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
I sincerely hope you are right. My educated guess is that we need the Liam sale to generate sufficient cash for the 3 players we desperately need, none of which are a LB. Wickham in a swap would work too.

Exactly.....Your guess. I'm sure the club are closer to the finances and have everything in hand

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Because B.W knows our funds, has our balance sheet, the potential bid we're making, the proposed wages and our end of year target.

Luckily he's got these figures with potential promotion factored in AND out whilst also entering a seperate income facility which incorporates the potential income from the sale of Buckley and Bridcutt whilst also releasing the the funds originally allocated against the set monthly wages attributed towards them......so he will make sure we fall well within FFP.

I certainly do NOT, nor do I claim to ,know our budget. The target is top 6 (publicly known info).

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Exactly.....Your guess. I'm sure the club are closer to the finances and have everything in hand

Educated guess. Do we even know that HP is a good source!?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tell the club asap.

I don't need to. So far, they've only targeted players in the positions we need to strengthen in. In case you hadn't noticed, at this stage the Wallace link is an unsubstantiated rumour.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If this were to happen (massive IF in my view) it would possibly release Ward to play his "natural" left side midfield position. None of us may have seen him play there but Wolves fans suggest he is better further forward?

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Do you see a priority for a LB in this window then? Sarcasm. Hilarious. Not.

We have one left back who we know is leaving in the summer.

It would be an excellent signing. Prioritising doesn't come into it. Teams complete 4 deals in one day towards the end of the window sometimes.

You claimed it wasn't a "priority" on financial grounds. Grounds you now admit you know nothing about.

I have literally no idea what our budget is. If the club target someone then I can have my opinion on whether they are good enough or not, but I certainly couldn't voice a logical or educated opinion on whether we had the money to prioritise them or not. I just don't have the figures to make such a claim.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Hmmm areas that we need to strengthen..........Any player who is better than the player currently in that position is strengthening. Just because you do not feel its important, doesn't mean that is what our professional management, coaching and scouting team think.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If this were to happen (massive IF in my view) it would possibly release Ward to play his "natural" left side midfield position. None ofcus may have seen him play there but Wolves fans suggest he is better further forward?

Genuine question. How far forward? In the Barnes left midfield position? If so, there would be some sort of logic to pursue this player (Wallace), I guess?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
We have one left back who we know is leaving in the summer.

It would be an excellent signing. Prioritising doesn't come into it. Teams complete 4 deals in one day towards the end of the window sometimes.

You claimed it wasn't a "priority" on financial grounds. Grounds you now admit you know nothing about.

I have literally no idea what our budget is. If the club target someone then I can have my opinion on whether they are good enough or not, but I certainly couldn't voice a logical or educated opinion on whether we had the money to prioritise them or not. I just don't have the figures to make such a claim.

Chicksen.
Educated guess re finances, based on knowledge in public domain.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
If we dont move now maybe the opportunity will be lost.

Im very confident that when the window closes we will be in pretty good shape.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm areas that we need to strengthen..........Any player who is better than the player currently in that position is strengthening. Just because you do not feel its important, doesn't mean that is what our professional management, coaching and scouting team think.

True, but can you name ANY player we have been linked with in this window in the press (not NSC or some other cr@p rumours site) who would not plug one of the gaps in our squad following the end of Conway's loan, the departures of Barnes and AEA, and the injury to Crofty? I can't.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Chicksen.
Educated guess re finances, based on knowledge in public domain.

Again, Wallace would be an improvement on Chicksen (in my opinion) and Ward is leaving. We will be short.
It's not an educated guess at all. You have no physical numbers of our current balance, potential incomes or outgoings or our ability to meet FFP. You also have no information to base an opinion on whether we can afford 1 player, 4 players or 8. You know as much as I do about our numbers.....and not for one moment would I even pretend to know what we can afford to do or 'prioritse'.

Anyway, I imagine the people who's actual job it is to know our exact finances will probably have a better idea whether they can prioritise such a financial outlay.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If we dont move now maybe the opportunity will be lost.

Im very confident that when the window closes we will be in pretty good shape.

I wish I had your confidence; mine is waning fast.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Again, Wallace would be an improvement on Chicksen (in my opinion) and Ward is leaving. We will be short.
It's not an educated guess at all. You have no physical numbers of our current balance, potential incomes or outgoings or our ability to meet FFP. You also have no information to base an opinion on whether we can afford 1 player, 4 players or 8. You know as much as I do about our numbers.....and not for one moment would I even pretend to know what we can afford to do or 'prioritse'.

Anyway, I imagine the people who's actual job it is to know our exact finances will probably have a better idea whether they can prioritise such a financial outlay.

I don't know Wallace, so can't compare him to Ward or Chicksen. Nor can you, or maybe you've seen him play a few times?

We can all make an educated guess re our finances. Many do. For example, many have commented on Wickham's wages being prohibitive. What makes you think we have spare cash to (possibly) enhance our options in a position we don't need to strengthen right now. Ward might stay too.

You still seem to be arguing from the standpoint that the OP rumour is a fact. So far, it remains an unsubstantiated rumour based on a source = HP!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I don't know Wallace, so can't compare him to Ward or Chicksen. Nor can you, or maybe you've seen him play a few times?

Yes I have.

An excellent player. In my view he would be a great improvement on a team which will lose Ward as things stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here