Brighton
Just on SSN

Criticised Zigic for "worst training performance he's ever seen"
"very well paid guy and you've got to earn it"
"not the first time"

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
never seen such a performance from a player since he was in the game at 16,he said he wont be popular with the fans,but they deserve the truth as to why he wont be playying tom

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Was going to start. Had done prep for the match v watford but won't now. Even though King is out injured

When asked where it leaves Zigic for the future clarke replied that it was up to him [zigic]

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yeah good to see the manager saying this and you can see his point: Brum struggling for consistency, main striker out and second choice dropped. The fans would go nuts if it didn't work out and the reason wasn't public.

I feel there's an element of self-protection here too though...

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
It's pity he didn't drop Zigic before we played them last month. Lee Clark's all mouth and no substance. Karl Robinson is another one in that mould

D

Deleted member 18477

It's pity he didn't drop Zigic before we played them last month. Lee Clark's all mouth and no substance. Karl Robinson is another one in that mould

dislike both of these managers. not as much as that prat holloway though. his spew is embarrassingly boring now, yet he clearly thinks people still find it funny.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
dislike both of these managers. not as much as that prat holloway though. his spew is embarrasingly boring now, yet he clearly thinks people still find it funny.

I recall Holloway when manager of Blackpool in the Premier League trying to give Sepp Blatter advice in one of his Friday afternoon press-conferences. Something along the lines of "Ya don't know what ya doin!'. A tiresome mongo. I'm sure Sepp Blatter was quaking in his boots. Small time. Well i'm sure it got Ian what he desired. A few column inches in The Sun the following day :wanker:

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
Nothing brave about this at all, he's clearly trying to push him out of the club as probably highest earner. Never rated Clark at all, this is just publicity grabbing stuff to detract from average results of late..

Jimmy Grimble

Agreed. Robinson has been a little bit overrated for a while now. Got a slight reputation for building a 'passing' team at MK Dons, but only because he kept spouting on about it. One of the bigger budgets in League One but has never really done anything special, and this season they're floundering in mid-table.

Certainly wouldn't want him here as some have suggested in the past.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For me, Clark comes across badly in his media appearances. Half the time he seems on the verge of tears, he makes excuses galore, and he has a tendency to talk about himself in the third person, which I can tell you, Edna Krabappel does not approve of.

He can't be much of a motivator for his players.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Football managerial history is littered with talkers who non-achieve. They interview well. Chairmen are always impressed by them and the press usually love them, for their good copy. They usually have a ' shelf-life ' of 18- 30 months ( sometimes shorter ) until they are found out. Eventually time runs out on them and the board, the players and the fans all see through the bullshit.
If you are going to constantly spout forth, make sure you can back it up with results e.g Clough and Shankly.
There is a certain manager in the Premiership at the moment, who is overrated, over-promoted and out of his depth. He survives on talking the talk ( lots of it ) and giving off positive vibes all the time. ( not unlike Mr Adkins ) At the moment he is being given the benefit of the doubt and time to make his mark. It won't last. Sooner, rather than later, they will see through him and he will be back on the managerial treadmill, interviewing well, impressing chairmen and starting afresh at another club.
In a lot of industries, blagging and bullshit is seen through straight away. In football, it flourishes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I like Lee Clark, mainly because when Huddersfield visited Withdean after we were crowned Champs, he made a massive point of applauding the Albion fans and our players. Respect to his grace and manners.

In the game before, a bitter Adkins refused to.

raz_18

Thomas Parrott
Jan 26, 2010
Chelmsford, Essex
I like Lee Clark, mainly because when Huddersfield visited Withdean after we were crowned Champs, he made a massive point of applauding the Albion fans and our players. Respect to his grace and manners.

In the game before, a bitter Adkins refused to.

Although in the game earlier in the season at their place didn't he signal waving a card at the us Brighton fans.. (something along those lines)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here