Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Lee Anderson goes full Oswald Mosely

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well, my view is that opposing democratic votes by any means necessary is much more akin to what Nazis and the Radical Right do. British democracy is far from perfect but it's all we have -- and you chip away at it, destroy faith in the democratic process, by telling people their votes don't matter
I was going to hone in on how you somehow changed a debate about a far right politician changing parties more often than some teenagers change their socks into a debate on Brexit and Corbyn, providing a nice smoke screen for Anderson and his fans, but let's first come back to "will of the people".

Rwanda is "the will of the people"apparently. And also illegal. Are you for it?

One day it's Galloway, the man who campaigned with Farage and is admired by Griffen. Now you're defending Rwanda and covering for Anderson.

Blimey.

Last edited:

I was going to hone in on how you somehow changed a debate about a far right politician changing parties more often than some teenagers change their socks into a debate on Brexit and Corbyn, providing a nice smoke screen for Anderson and his fans, but let's first come back to "will of the people".

Rwanda is "the will of the people"apparently. And also illegal. Are you for it?

One day it's Galloway, the man who campaigned with Farage and is admired by Griffen. Now you're defending Rwanda and covering for Anderson.

Blimey.
I don't remember there being a referendum about Rwanda? Do you?

Covering for Anderson? Where have I done that? Point to it please. I've made two or 3 references to Anderson, all attacking him. Not surprising that really, as I absolutely loathe the guy. Can you not just debate honestly, for once?

The reality was that a wildly popular Corbyn, at least among the young, failed miserably to win against the most dull and unpopular PM I can recall, even unpopular inside the Conservative party itself.
Rewriting history there, the Press fawned over May and predicted she was going to get a majority of 150. It was only when Corbyn effectively ended her career in the 2017 election that the groupthink decided she was useless. Obviously no credit could be given to Corbyn, who led the biggest rise in the Labour vote since 1945

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I don't remember there being a referendum about Rwanda? Do you?
So why are the Tories saying it's the will of the people, EXACTLY the same phrase you used about Brexit?

Covering for Anderson? Where have I done that? Point to it please. I've made two or 3 references to Anderson, all attacking him. Not surprising that really, as I absolutely loathe the guy. Can you not just debate honestly, for once?

Quite literally changing the subject away from him and on to Corbyn.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
More Tories possibly defecting?

This should indicate Mr Anderson’s ‘popularity’ - a Petition that has been on Change.org for more than 2 weeks has little over 200 signatures - apparently ‘free speech’ now gives you the right to spread hatred and lies - it seems the many thousands that typically sign Change.org political petitions disagree fortunately - MBGA :lol:

Last edited:

It’s fairly obvious it’s the latter.
Ok - answer me this. Did you bother to get off your arse and go out canvassing and door-knocking for Remain in the 2016 referendum? Because I did. You can be a Remainer and believe the extreme, anti-democratic wing of the Remain movement were incompetently responsible for walking into Dominic Cummings' trap and giving us Boris Johnson as prime minister.

For all the criticisms of my position, it's interesting to me that not one person on here has been able to refute the fact that all the parties and all the political leaders promised to carry out the outcome of the 2016 referendum immediately prior to the vote. This is really the vital thing. You either believe in democracy or you believe in politicians who break solemn pledges for short-term political advantage.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Ok - answer me this. Did you bother to get off your arse and go out canvassing and door-knocking for Remain in the 2016 referendum? Because I did. You can be a Remainer and believe the extreme, anti-democratic wing of the Remain movement were incompetently responsible for walking into Dominic Cummings' trap and giving us Boris Johnson as prime minister.

For all the criticisms of my position, it's interesting to me that not one person on here has been able to refute the fact that all the parties and all the political leaders promised to carry out the outcome of the 2016 referendum immediately prior to the vote. This is really the vital thing. You either believe in democracy or you believe in politicians who break solemn pledges for short-term political advantage.
Very passive aggressive, and it's the latter.

So why are the Tories saying it's the will of the people, EXACTLY the same phrase you used about Brexit?

Quite literally changing the subject away from him and on to Corbyn.
So there was no referendum about Rwanda? So the parallel is nonsense, right? You accept that?

A lot of people say the 2016 referendum was the will of the people besides the Tories. Immediately prior to the vote, every political party and every political leader actually. It's only since then that throwing people's votes in the bin has become a little bit trendy, sadly.

Stop misrepresenting Corbyn (not you specifically but anyone) and I guess I will stop correcting the record about him, it's that straightforward really

Very passive aggressive, and it's the latter.
Did you canvass for Remain in the 2016 referendum like I did? It's a simple question. Spouting on messageboards is one thing, but did you put any time and effort in going out and persuading voters to stay in the EU?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Did you canvass for Remain in the 2016 referendum like I did? It's a simple question. Spouting on messageboards is one thing, but did you put any time and effort in going out and persuading voters to stay in the EU?
Having read your non stop whiny, wordy, pompous nonsense on here since the early 2000s, I'm not sure you'll have convinced too many.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't belong to any political party, therefore had no literature to distribute and as a pensioner with an auto immune disease, no stamina to go door knocking.
I did put my Remain poster in the window, if that is good enough?

Strangely, I don't require your approval.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is it different? Is it actually better, or more effective?

If anyone accosts me in the street, or knocks uninvited on my door, to promote ANY political opinion or standpoint (even one I may well have fully supported) they will not get a moment of my attention. They (you) would be completely wasting their time, and having zero influence whatsoever.

Whereas coherent arguments made online, via whatever medium, are at least sometime read and considered.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

If anyone accosts me in the street, or knocks uninvited on my door, to promote ANY political opinion or standpoint (even one I may well have fully supported) they will not get a moment of my attention. They (you) would be completely wasting their time, and having zero influence whatsoever.

Whereas coherent arguments made online, via whatever medium, are at least sometime read and considered.
Yes of course because NSC has a wonderful history of coherent arguments where those at the opposite on the other side have sat up and listened eh 🤦

I'm not overstating it but on my tramping the streets in 2016, I did come across a few people who weren't aware of where their polling station was, even some who weren't certain of the day of the poll (busy with jobs/kids and tuning out of the news). I like to think a few more may have voted because I bothered to take a few evenings out to engage in the formal democratic process in this country. Online, yes but it tends to be very one-sided and silo'd stuff. Take the dark role of Facebook in the 2016 referendum. These are complicated questions I admit that I don't have pat answers too

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Rewriting history there, the Press fawned over May and predicted she was going to get a majority of 150. It was only when Corbyn effectively ended her career in the 2017 election that the groupthink decided she was useless. Obviously no credit could be given to Corbyn, who led the biggest rise in the Labour vote since 1945
Theresa May was forced to resign when Boris Johnson and the ERG Tory MPs kept rejecting her Brexit bill. Johnson took over and persuaded the British public that he could Get Brexit Done. Most of Britain had had enough of gerrymandering by then and voted overwhelmingly for the Tories.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
The article you linked does appear to start with the 3 words "Richard Tice claims ......"
i recall Farage claiming similar 10 years ago with defections to UKIP. they had two.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
The article you linked does appear to start with the 3 words "Richard Tice claims ......"
Richard Tice - Uppingham, £30k a year
Nigel Farage - Dulwich College, £25k a year
Ben Habib - Rugby, £29k a year
Isobel Oakeshott - Gordounstoun, 335k a year

What makes anybody think that Reform know anything about what working people want or need?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here