Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lucky deflection but they all count

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Nice to see Sven finally realising the way to really shore up at the back is to pick a Tottenham defender!

Am delighted for him - and the other players looked genuinely so too, when he scored.
Still think he's a bit too hesitant, often when challenging for the ball on the bounce, but can't complain tonight - in fact, was mostly hoping he'd have an anonymous time of it, with no major rickets for people to pounce on. . .

3 goals in 4 games for him now, though. . .

Although he must be feeling a bit confused to be involved in a match with only two goals between both sides. . .

Last edited:

The Famous Grouse

Dec 9, 2003
Lets hope chelski dont theive him them deposit him on the bench.

Last edited:

The bookies will never pay out on that, surely???

A definite o.g.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
SussexSpur said:
Nice to see Sven finally realising the way to really shore up at the back is to pick a Tottenham defender! ......

Great news eh SS? Means you'll get a few extra quid for him when Arsenal want him!!

I am really pleased. When Campbell went to Arsenal a Spurs-supporting mate was naturally spitting feathers but I told him not to worry as from what I'd seen of King he was going to mature into twice the player Campbell is - and that's saying something. Now of course you'll have to try and stop the big clubs stealing him.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Clearly it was Kings goal, he got the last touch on it before it crossed the line. Ok he didnt know anything about it and it was off his knee but they all count. Was dreading the thought of him in defence but he was awesome last night, definate MOM display.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He played well but let's not go over the top here, he's by no means a world beater just yet and was given decent protection by Bridge and Southgate (the less said about the quality of English right backs the better). Fair play to the lad and all that but don't jump the gun.

Lampard was my MOM.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo said:
Clearly it was Kings goal, he got the last touch on it before it crossed the line. Ok he didnt know anything about it and it was off his knee but they all count. Was dreading the thought of him in defence but he was awesome last night, definate MOM display.

That's what I meant by a lucky deflection. He was in the right place at the right time.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
King played really well, looked solid through most of the match. Lampard started off well and looked content with his position.

As for the PATHETIC sub changes, whats the point bringing on 3 with 5mins to go !?! absolutley POINTLESS :angry:

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
King may have had a good game but i bet he doesnt get a kick in euro 2004.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
CrabtreeBHA said:

As for the PATHETIC sub changes, whats the point bringing on 3 with 5mins to go !?! absolutley POINTLESS :angry:

To make players know that they ren't just there to make up the numbers.

Sven made a very good point last night about how the friendlies now are good times to just get the players together and used to being around eachother. He clearly knows his best team but with the injury problems that keep cropping up it's worth having a lot of fringe playesr used to being in the fold, ie Jenas, Joe Cole, Hargreaves, King, Smith.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
aahh yeah suppose so, good point chapperino, must be the McGhee & Robinson last 3mins that I detest soo much went over into lasts night match!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
To make players know that they ren't just there to make up the numbers.

Sven made a very good point last night about how the friendlies now are good times to just get the players together and used to being around eachother. He clearly knows his best team but with the injury problems that keep cropping up it's worth having a lot of fringe playesr used to being in the fold, ie Jenas, Joe Cole, Hargreaves, King, Smith.

I see no problem taking a large squad, but 3 minutes!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The late subs were pretty pointless, but I was just relieved Eriksson didn't make it a complete non-event by subbing the entire team at half time. Just three changes at half time was reasonable (after the one forced change in the 1st half when Cole went off injured), and then keeping it the same till the last few minutes meant we had a proper spectacle of a match to enjoy.

Plus Artois drinking like a FISH all night, downing pints like there was no tomorrow, made for an entertaining evening.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports