Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leaving before the full time whistle

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Could say the same at the start of the match. The amount of people who arrive late and drift in 5 mins into the match.
Not to mention half time…

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I reckon about 45 minutes is a reasonable time to be moving and on your way from the stadium and heading towards home.
Unless you are on Seagull Travel, parked in the Uni car parks or leave before the final whistle it's unlikely you can get away within 45 minutes.
If you then have over an hour to drive you can begin to understand why people make an early dash.

You do realise that most of those that miss the last few minutes because of where they live would prefer to stay?

As mentioned previously, it's the transport, innit?

Last edited:

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
But i would say the majority that leave early don’t need to leave early they want to in order to beat the queues for the trains and buses.
IMG_2550.jpeg

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, to SLIGHTLY buck the trend. I used the EDF P&R today. Minced onto a bus at 12.45, got the the ground at 1.20.

I left about a minute before the end of ET, had a quick jimmy. Then a brisk walk to the P&R, no queue, literally STRAIGHT onto a bus. Back at Portslade EDF less than half an hour after the game ended. RIDICULOUS.

It took me an hour and 45 to get home on Thursday on the train + 700.

People who leave early have every right. God I wish that EDF was available for every game.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
There’s always such a backlash and personal abuse towards anyone who mentions this. The op is asking for genuine feedback about a legitimate issue, and the result is a bunch of total bellends giving him shit for it.

It’s almost as if you’re equal amounts ashamed of your actions as you’re in denial, the latter being easier to cope with and lash out as a result.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Obviously true, but thats the rub of the green, the ground at Falmer was the only option given the green light.
If folks want to leave early, what business is it of mine, totally understand and respect their rights, I’ve noticed quite a few are elderly and probably have issues standing in line especially when it’s cold, give me the stadium with its issues all day long, than nothing.

I left at full time on Thursday and didn’t get home until 3am, I was parked at the Bridge and it took over an hour to reach the bottom of Coldean Lane. Had I have left at 85 minutes we’d have been home an hour earlier. When we play Marseille I’ll be leaving on 85 minutes, I hate doing it but I was absolutely knackered that last hour driving, I had my three kids in the car with me and the tiredness was borderline dangerous. It’s shit being in that position, I want to watch the whole game and clap the lads off the pitch but I’m not sure what else I can do. Afternoon kick offs are fine, its just the fatigue of the drive for the evening games. I suppose I could just not attend and just watch the games on the telly, but I’m a fan, I want to support.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Personally I can see why people leave early. No it doesn't look great for TV but transport is becoming a serious issue now. I tried to persuade Jnr to leave a few mins early on Thur so he could get back to Worthing. He's like me though & wants to stay 'til the bitter end & clap the team off. It cost me £25 to stay and clap the team off. Aside from shuttle buses to the station (or obviously the monorail), I can't see what the solution is. @jackalbion pointed out in another thread that it's not just as simple as adding extra carriages as the rolling stock has to be in other places. I can't really comment on the P&R as I don't use it.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
There’s always such a backlash and personal abuse towards anyone who mentions this. The op is asking for genuine feedback about a legitimate issue, and the result is a bunch of total bellends giving him shit for it.

It’s almost as if you’re equal amounts ashamed of your actions as you’re in denial, the latter being easier to cope with and lash out as a result.
It’s not that it’s just, as someone said, it’s been done to death on here, and I’ll tell you how many times
[quickly plucks an average of home matches per season, calls it 25, multiples it by number of seasons at The Amex, off the top of his head, call it 12, comes up with 300],
there you go, 300, it’s been done on here 300 times.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I left at full time on Thursday and didn’t get home until 3am, I was parked at the Bridge and it took over an hour to reach the bottom of Coldean Lane. Had I have left at 85 minutes we’d have been home an hour earlier. When we play Marseille I’ll be leaving on 85 minutes, I hate doing it but I was absolutely knackered that last hour driving, I had my three kids in the car with me and the tiredness was borderline dangerous. It’s shit being in that position, I want to watch the whole game and clap the lads off the pitch but I’m not sure what else I can do. Afternoon kick offs are fine, its just the fatigue of the drive for the evening games. I suppose I could just not attend and just watch the games on the telly, but I’m a fan, I want to support.
Wales? Midweek matches? Three kids in the car? Bloody hell. Respect to you Sir.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Against Ajax I was left with the choice of staying til the death and getting a train that would get me back to London for 12.40am, which would then require finding a £30 cab as the last tube would’ve run (and a 1.30am home time)…or leave on 88 and get back to London for 11.30pm, before a quick two stop tube journey. I have work the next morning. Supporters’ needs differ.
They do. I used to live in North London and the evening games were tough. But I just wouldn’t go if I had to leave early as I wouldn’t want to miss a potential last minute winner, and I can’t see the point in watching 88 minutes of a football match when the best moment is often the final whistle going when you’ve won. I’d rather just watch it on TV.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here