Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leaving a football ground

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
made the news in the argus i believe DIDN'T CHESTERFIELD HAVE SOME " GUESTS" with them
regards
DR

Not sure mate, they were all off like a shot when we came out.
Everyone was pretty pissed off with the result of the match that day and the Chesterfield lot bit off more than they could chew.

bn18bloke

May 28, 2011
LA
Chesterfield away, think it was 2000 ( when oat way got sent off) I went with some mates in a car and we parked down the hill from the ground, straight after the match Chesterfields mob tried to ambush Albion fans directly behind the stadium, but were chased off.
The Old bill had left their brains at home that day as they blocked off both the roads either side of the ground but not the small side street that the Chesterfield fans came up.
The OB then tried to take us ALL to the railway station, we managed to get away but couldn't find the car for ages and expected to see Chesterfields mob everytime we turned a corner.

You should have seen the faces of the Chesterfield mob when they came running up the street and realised how many of our lot were game...

bn18bloke

May 28, 2011
LA
I believe Chesterfield were meant to have some other non locals turning out with them, but I don't think they were quite prepared for how many numbers we had...

Jan 30, 2008
Leaving Luton after the JPT semi final in 2009 we somehow found ourselves in the middle of a few hundred Luton fans making their way into town. That wasn't fun, but fortunately none of us had anything Brighton visible as I got the impression we may have been in trouble if it were
bloke i know got PUT IN HOSPITAL THAT NIGHT AFTER GETTING HIS CHEEK BONE FRACTURED AFTER THE GAME
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
HERE'S AN UNUSUAL ONE , Reading away at ELM park, anyone remember the incident at the gates when BRIGHTON fans were held back and some folk decided to over turn a wooden structure to try and force their way out of the ground , seemed everyone wanted to get out sooner rather than later that day................
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
Palace 2005, kettleld in behind the A/W and herded down to NORWOOD JUNCTION, I'VE SEEN FARM ANIMALS TREATED BETTER :nono:
regards
DR

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Preston away. Plastic pitch, cold and wet, lost 3-0 (i believe) Me and two mates got clocked then chased for what seemed like an eternity, finally taking refuge in a sports shop until the coast was clear - Much to the annoyance of the owner I might add!

A nasty enough experience to prompt us into returning the favour later on in the season :whistle:

Might have been the same match I had to take refuge in a supermarket after being challenged and asked for my wallet (1992/93)

bn18bloke

May 28, 2011
LA
Millwall away in the mid eighties, we had about 200 there if that, we won 1-0 and had an interesting trip home that included the train being bricked

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Dublin 1995, the postponed England game. I slipped the Garda and made my way out of the England section during the trouble. I came down some stairs and was clocked by Ireland fans leaving the other way one yelling 'get him' and that I was English. I don't really remember what happened after that but no-one attacked me. I have never been so scared. I crossed a bridge with hoards of others scared stiff that someone may recognise my coat or something and decide to start. I checked out of my hostel and moved closer to the airport. I found a Guest House and met some England fans who had done the same thing. I remember the following morning sitting with an Irish fellah and his son at the breakfast table and he just seemed to want to start an argument. I couldn't wait to fly home.

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Palace 2005, kettleld in behind the A/W and herded down to NORWOOD JUNCTION, I'VE SEEN FARM ANIMALS TREATED BETTER :nono:
regards
DR

Was that the 5-0? With TSG officers raining batons onto peoples heads from above as they passed through a tunnel? Someone had to pull the emergency stop at london bridge so all the fans who didnt live in brighton could get home and not be forced to get to north london from croydon via brighton!

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
Was that the 5-0? With TSG officers raining batons onto peoples heads from above as they passed through a tunnel? Someone had to pull the emergency stop at london bridge so all the fans who didnt live in brighton could get home and not be forced to get to north london from croydon via brighton!

Yes it was,remember it well

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
HERE'S AN UNUSUAL ONE , Reading away at ELM park, anyone remember the incident at the gates when BRIGHTON fans were held back and some folk decided to over turn a wooden structure to try and force their way out of the ground , seemed everyone wanted to get out sooner rather than later that day................
regards
DR

Yes remember the tea hut going over wernt there fireworks as well ??? Got arrested as when the gates opened surged into a copper and he nicked me then after a minute another coppper came over and told the arresting officer to let me go .... then on way to train station it kicked off in an off license me and a couple of mates where in and the two coppers came in and hauled us out !!!!

Gillingham 87 i made a profit !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here