Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Least away attendance that you’ve been part of

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Newcastle FA Cup R3 replay, (83)..... 40 ish... one supporter coach, not full, plus some extras... grim cold evening KO, no expectations after draw at home, ... surprising win.... I got a free coach trip somehow, via my neighbour who was a senior steward at the club..... he runs Seagull Travel now, or at least his son does now I believe.
I was there

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We went to Roker Park a couple of times late 80s both times, only about 100 -150 in that corner.
We didn’t anticipate any bother as we thought we’d be seen as a novelty, so as we walked past the pub with loads of them outside, my mate put his Albion ski hat on. The abuse was incredible and the police were around us in a shot and grabbed the four of us and marched us to the ground while exclaiming
[in a Sunderland accent] “Ger the fook in th’ groond yer stoopid suvven bastards!”
Yes, thinking about it, I was at Roker Park in August '86 on the Love Bus. There were very few of us there that day. I was 17 and didn't know anyone. I went to Oldham on the train as well. I saw one of our fans get a biff, as was normal up there. 66p a pint. I remember that (no age checks)

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Yes, thinking about it, I was at Roker Park in August '86 on the Love Bus. There were very few of us there that day. I was 17 and didn't know anyone. I went to Oldham on the train as well. I saw one of our fans get a biff, as was normal up there. 66p a pint. I remember that (no age checks)
Oldham was always dodgy. It went mad up there after the game in the cup game on the plastic pitch.(one bton lad got thrown thru a window in the town after)Went to a few at Sunderland at roker when we was in that little corner with very few of us.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I went to that one. Great fun.
All the way down there we were expecting the game to be cancelled, on entering the ground a steward said: “how far did you get before you realised the game was still on?” “well, we’re here, aren’t we?” came the reply. Not the brightest, those Bournemouth stewards….

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Were you at the one where it absolutely pissed down? We were in a corner of an open terrace and the rain came in straight off the North Sea. IIRC we lost to an obviously offside goal too. I bought twelve cans of lager for the train ride home after that. 12. TWELVE.

(edit, quick google would suggest it was end of April 1989 as I think we lost 1-0 but I just think of it as 'that game where it didn't stop raining and I can't remember getting home').
I'm envisaging your google search along the lines of "Guinness Boy" "Twelve cans of lager".

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
only went cos my eldest was mascot! 😂
core4-1 to Fulham
CompetitionAutoglass Trophy 1st round - Southern Section - Group 5
Attendance1,135

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Were you at the one where it absolutely pissed down? We were in a corner of an open terrace and the rain came in straight off the North Sea. IIRC we lost to an obviously offside goal too. I bought twelve cans of lager for the train ride home after that. 12. TWELVE.

(edit, quick google would suggest it was end of April 1989 as I think we lost 1-0 but I just think of it as 'that game where it didn't stop raining and I can't remember getting home').
Can’t remember TBH, I went the year we got promoted (88) and then again either the next season or the one after. I don’t recall the rain however on the second visit we went in the away seats (just up on the left from the away pen)
it was like the old West Stand and four of us (inevitably pissed) singing certainly wound up the Sunderland fans below, all twisting their necks trying to get a look at us 😆

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
….talking of the promotion season, after Chester away in that bank holiday, the four of us went over to Stockport for their evening kick off v Cambridge, we went in the away end and they had only brought about 20.

A small oversight, we all had work the next day and gave no consideration to getting home from an evening match on a bank holiday. I think it was about 9 a.m by the time we pulled into Brighton Station.

Mattstrugnell

PC Beard's Stare
Jan 2, 2011
Plymouth 1994, Bob the Cod scored, 3-0 win after losing previous 5 games. Don't know how many of us were there but felt like only a couple of hundred. Could see me and my mates behind the goal on the Endsleigh league highlights.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
In the pub at Oldham we thought the barmaid had given the wrong change! Then got fed for nothing after we were invited to eat at the wedding reception in the next room. Got so drunk the stewards had to help me through the half turnstile.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Plymouth 1994, Bob the Cod scored, 3-0 win after losing previous 5 games. Don't know how many of us were there but felt like only a couple of hundred. Could see me and my mates behind the goal on the Endsleigh league highlights.
I think that was in December. Akinbiyi was on loan and scored as well.

Plymouth is one of my most visited grounds. I've been 7 times. Always a good journey (especially when we stopped off at the Wheeltappers in Taunton)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Can’t remember TBH, I went the year we got promoted (88) and then again either the next season or the one after. I don’t recall the rain however on the second visit we went in the away seats (just up on the left from the away pen)
it was like the old West Stand and four of us (inevitably pissed) singing certainly wound up the Sunderland fans below, all twisting their necks trying to get a look at us 😆
I remember it because for some years it was the wettest I’ve ever been at a football match. Of course, then we got Withdean and the Rochdale and Cardiff games took that record.

It’s a testament to my youthful stupidity that I didn’t think twice about going to Withdean even when it was biblical. Today, if faced with a open stand and a downpour I’d send the boy to the game and stay in the nice warm pub.

I'm envisaging your google search along the lines of "Guinness Boy" "Twelve cans of lager".
Twelve cans of Guinness would have been madness. I’d have been full by Peterborough and churning out black Dougies for a week.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
I was there as I was living in Cheltenham at the time and it was a fairly local away game. Think it was just before Christmas and I remember Codner scoring from 40 yards

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Were you on the coach?.....
No we drove up. Those were the days when we went to every away game we could - I had five seasons where we were 100%ers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here