Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I was expecting us to lose him this window and I would have been sorry to see him go, but then he starts behaving like a child when criticized. FFS LT you are getting over 2.5 million quid a year of course you are expected to put everything you have into your work. Once again our management have shown just how forward thinking they are, with the replacement settling in nicely

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
The transfer seems like a decent outcome for everyone, like others have said. But I'm really struck by the post-World-Cup contrast between Trossard and Mac Allister. Trossard's acting as if he, not Mac Allister, was a key figure in the side that won the World Cup, when in reality he was an also-ran in a team of also-rans. In contrast, Mac Allister has come back and seems to be working his backside off to maintain his blistering form.

Trossard might be four years older, but he's so much less mature.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I received an embargoed press release a little while ago.

It was this however:

We are delighted to announce the signing of goalkeeper Lydia Williams on a contract until summer 2024, subject to international clearance.
The 34-year-old has joined us from Paris Saint-Germain, having also previously played at Arsenal, Melbourne City, OL Reign and Pitea.​
Head coach Jen Scheuer commented, “She brings a huge amount of experience to the team. She has played over 100 times for Australia and has a good understanding of the WSL from her time with Arsenal. Hopefully, we will see some of her wonderful saves!​
The press release only tells the bare bones of Lydia's story. Here's her telling it in her own words. It's a long read, but a rewarding one. What an amazing journey :ohmy:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Not a bad deal for him - probably the equivalent of an 8 year Albion contract if assuming wages are doubled.

Will be interested to see how he gets on being a smaller fish

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Good business, disgruntled player, whose World Cup went wrong from a shop window perspective.

Great on his day, but significant periods of limited impact IMO…

A shame, because when he was good, he was almost untouchable…..
Did he ever play well when the rest of the team weren’t so good? That’s the mark of a great player, something Kane has done at the Spuds for years.

I can’t recall him lifting the rest of the team with an outstanding performance, because they would generally have been playing pretty good when he was.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Did he ever play well when the rest of the team weren’t so good? That’s the mark of a great player, something Kane has done at the Spuds for years.

I can’t recall him lifting the rest of the team with an outstanding performance, because they would generally have been playing pretty good when he was.
Depends on position I would suggest.

He wasn’t a Gerrard, Robson or Dunk type who led by example.

But I would offer up Brentford away when we won 1-0, we weren’t playing well with the exception of Trossard and he then scored the winner

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The clubs farewell Leo clip is a bit mean.

Halloween Vampire GIF

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
If the reports are correct then it’s pragmatically a win for all parties. We’ve got a decent return on a player who had no further interest in appearing for us. Arsenal have themselves a very decent squad addition and Trossard himself has a nice pay rise, a potential PL winner’s medal and possible CL football to boot.

Probably as good an outcome as could be expected under a fairly grim initial set up.
This just about covers everything. Thanks for the contributions Leandro, but we're moving on.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Not surprised he's left this window. I am surprised it's Arsenal though, considering they spent a lot of time getting rid of dressing room trouble makers Ozil and Aubameyang. With rumours that some of the Belgium squad didn't talk to him and didn't pass to him and these recent shenanigans at the Albion he doesn't seem much of a team player. I guess Arsenal feel that they are so close to a Prem title they'll take that risk in order to have some extra attacking cover. He's got his dream move I hope other players don't see that his downing-tools has "worked" for him...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here