Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s a bumpy road following the Albion but I’m pretty sure TB has this…

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Realistically we're fine without even bringing in a replacement as we already have Mitoma, March, MacAllister, Gross, Lallana, Sarmiento, Enciso, Ferguson, Welbeck, and Buononotte in the attacking areas. And we have Adingra to come in next season. All with an extra £27m in the bank, and we dont have to worry about a stroppy Trossard anymore.

& if RDZ see's fit then we can spend the £27m on a replacement who'll show more determination that Trossard.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
Bizarrely, this is probably the right time to sell, all things considered, for reasons others have mentioned.

He's a loss to the team. A big loss, possibly. But with this loss, comes a great opportunity for our younger players... plus an extra £21m+ in the bank.

I can't see him getting much game time at Arsenal, particularly if it takes him time to adapt, the Arsenal fans will have little patience with underperforming players.

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
It’s a shame he’s going under these circumstances. He’s been a good player for us and certainly been a hugely important factor in previous seasons. I’ve never been his biggest fan but I’d rather him be in our squad than playing against us. He seems they type to put in 2 good performances a season, against us…
I’ll be interested to see how he gets on at Arsenal. I can’t see him getting that much game time ahead of Saka and Martinelli who are far better imo.

But, as others have already said, £21+m in the bank and a more than capable player in Mitoma in scintillating form. I’d rather have Mitoma any day. The biggest differences between Mitoma and Trossard imo are that Trossard likes to keep touching the ball Whereas, every touch Mitoma uses, creates space, is dribbling forward or playing in another player. He hardly ever wastes a touch.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bizarrely, this is probably the right time to sell, all things considered, for reasons others have mentioned.

He's a loss to the team. A big loss, possibly. But with this loss, comes a great opportunity for our younger players... plus an extra £21m+ in the bank.

I can't see him getting much game time at Arsenal, particularly if it takes him time to adapt, the Arsenal fans will have little patience with underperforming players.
Definitely. He’s on a hiding to nothing - they’re flying, with seemingly a good team spirit. If he doesn’t settle very quickly and perform (and put the effort in) they’ll turn on him rapidly. Couple of Arsenal ST mates have already said as much in messages today

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Meh.
Hugely frustrating player - good when he wants to be but not as good as he thinks he is. Can’t see him fitting in to the Arsenal team as he slows play down
And there is his problem for us, he would slow down our progression. We're all about speed and movement.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
First player I would want on pitch when chasing a goal but maybe one of last when holding on. Could make something from nothing in the box.
From a business point of view great to make a profit on a player thats given us over 3 seasons
A big gamble by TB to sell so many players of quality but he is usually right

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There is our new club motto. “We’ll cope. We’re coping already.” In Latin that sounds even better: “Fuckioff Moodigitus “
Farewell bad apple

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
isn't this a bit of touch? out of favour and form, goes now for more than would in the summer.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
It's worth remembering that prior to joining us, Pervis had won the Europa League (playing 120 minutes in the final) and played in both legs of a Champions League semi-final...

That doesn't generally come cheap.
That was pretty much my point. Our plan, which I am fully behind, is to bring through young talents with the hope of funding the club through selling 1 a season. In the past 18 months, we have sold 4 of our star players and our entire coaching team pocketing more than enough to fund a couple of years of losses. Surely we can spend £20-30m of that on a quality player like Pervis who can make an impact or at least be ready to go now? I love all the exciting talents we are bringing in on smaller fees but they can't all work or be ready to step in should another start force a move or get injured.

Jan 9, 2022
Screen Shot 2023-01-19 at 19.39.14.png

Not really the place, but come off it Pottz

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here