[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Wherever the person we are next likely to sell plays! Probably a CM unless they still think Gilmour will come good. Or a Trossard style player as backup/competition for Mitoma/March. Maybe a versatile Pervis backup that can cover/play elsewhere. TBH, it is experience I worry about losing.
I'd pretty much agree (although I take the point made by @WATFORD zero). I'd like us to sign a few players this window and next to really challenge for a starting place immediately (ie not for 6/12/18 months); if we don't, we may well accelerate RdZ's departure (and I don't think anyone wants that). Priorities for me are:
CB -- Colwill would be ideal
(D)CM -- resigned to losing at least one of the best CM duo in the world in the summer
LB -- Pervis back-up (this one can be cheaper)
Someone who can play across the front (ideally with the flexibility of Trossard). For three positions -- RW, LW and (false) 9 -- we've got Solly, Mitoma, Ferguson and Welbeck that are really challenging. Then there's Sarmiento and Enciso (and potentially Buonanotte) a little down the pecking order. A couple of injuries to the first four, and it could derail our twin assault on the PL and FA Cup.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
£27 million, we've done very well there all things considered.
My hope was £25m+BAT (Bloom Added Tax). Thought about £30m, but it's fine.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Interestingly been chatting to a couple of Arsenal mates about it all and both said they wished it was Mitoma they were getting.

Not going to take away from Trossard's time here, some wonderful memories, but like Bissouma and Cucurella we already have the replacements there and playing and some would argue are upgrades.
Mitoma would be a bit more than £27m 🤣

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I hope we sign someone this window actually. Not usually bothered but without Trossard and Mwepu we are short no matter how confident we all currently feel. Be delighted with Ilic and that would make sense with the Moises and Mac Summer of Doom coming up.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just musing out loud and a bit out there. Maybe a move for former Sassuolo striker Scamacca who hasn't set the EPL on fire at West Ham. Ings now signed and maybe RDZ could get a tune out of him, perhaps on loan to the end of the season?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
We scored 49 goals in all competitions last season.

With the sales of Maupay - 9, Trossard - 8, Bissouma -2, Burn - 1, Duffy - 1 and Cucurella - 1; the loans of Connolly - 2 & Zeqiri - 1; the retirement of Mwepu - 3; & the long term injury of Moder - 2; 30 of those 49 are no longer available to us.

Although Trossard had 7 so far this season, we also have 35 goals not scored by any of those players.

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
More than happy with £27m for our backup left winger. Mitoma the far better player right now. How does Bloom do it?? £27m for someone who doesn't even start for us?! However, I'll forever have great memories of Trossard, even with his childish ending.
He was starting up front until the World Cup .it is 21 million guaranteed, + 6 in add ones.

Haven’t seen what the add ons are, but no guarantee they will be achieved, may be that they need to win champions leagues or 50 games etc .
So at 21 million for him I think isn’t great

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
He was starting up front until the World Cup .it is 21 million guaranteed, + 6 in add ones.

Haven’t seen what the add ons are, but no guarantee they will be achieved, may be that they need to win champions leagues or 50 games etc .
So at 21 million for him I think isn’t great
Bloom was only going to sell if his valuation was met, and we're told there were multiple teams interested. There is no way Bloom would have done the deal now if the add ons were unachievable. It'll be something simple like the extra £6m once he's played 20 games, just so Arsenal can put that chunk of it in next years accounts. Unless Trossard just does not play we will get the £27m, it doesnt make sense to do the deal if they were ridiculous stipulations, especially as there's still 10 days in the window to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here