Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Arsenal are definitely in talks with trossy and Brighton.

Just the fee to be agreed and depending on whether other parties come forward.

This has been reported everywhere and is fairly reliable.

I'm fairly sure journos will have an understanding of what's being offered as well.
They might know what's being offered but the way Brighton act, has been done to death, even Arsenal won't know what we'll accept until we go yes.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yes, except that the club had little choice but to rebuff the agents nonsensical statement and instead put it's own side of the story out there.
It had a choice - to shut up and deal with it behind closed doors.
Also, if the timeline tells a story, if anything it is the opposite: Trossard had little choice but to rebuff what RDZ was saying in his press conferences and instead put his own side of the story out there. There was not a sound from Camp Trossard until RDZ spent two press conferences talking about him not giving 100% etc.

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
Yes, except that the club had little choice but to rebuff the agents nonsensical statement and instead put it's own side of the story out there.
...and also putting out a couple of stories about how well the rest of the players are getting on with RDZ

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Nonsense. Potter fell out with Ryan and Maupay and Cucurella handed in a transfer request.

My overall feeling on this is surprise at how little we've missed him. Would have been third or fourth name on my teamsheet at the start of the season. But with Mitoma, Sarmiento and now Buonanotte as succession plans I think we can cash in on a want-away 28 year old. I won't give him much grief on his return, he certainly gave us a bit more in terms of service than Marc "one season" Cucurella. Just a shame he seemed to hibernate in mid-winter.

Agree.

However the grief factor, like for many I assume will be dependent on the official goodbye message to the fans (regardless of what’s happened with the players and squad)

It feels like it should matter, but it does, to me anyway!!

#Needy

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
This thread’s title was changed from ‘Trossard’s World Cup’ to ‘Trossard’s Soap Opera’ (not by me I might add!) but I wonder if the timing of the World Cup (in the midst of the PL season and British winter) might have effected some PL players more than others?
In September, Trossard said he'd think about his future after the World Cup.

But in the same breath admitted that he'd follow Potter to Chelsea given the opportunity! Didn't take long to think about that.

Writing was on the wall. He was never going to be with us next season!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Arsenal and Spurs will battle the price up to a respectable £26m+ only for Chelsea to snatch him at the last minute for £30m.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
In September, Trossard said he'd think about his future after the World Cup.

But in the same breath admitted that he'd follow Potter to Chelsea given the opportunity! Didn't take long to think about that.

Writing was on the wall. He was never going to be with us next season!
That’s not the issue or even ‘an’ issue for me - any player with a contract running down (ie where an extension clause is necessitated) will be wondering whether to sign a new contract with the club he is with or be looking to move at the next window (especially one who is 28 and where it will likely be the last contract he signs in Top Tier football) and any player will admit to not wanting to turn down an opportunity with a big six club if it were offered, both for the Champions level football and the money! - none of what you point out is unusual nor a basis to demonise a player in my book.

My Mark Bowen post on the previous page was referring to his subsequent behaviour and performance since the WC which is what has caused all the controversy.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think the most worrying thing is the fallout with the manager because if it can happen with Tross it can happen with anyone. Our firey Italian may for one reason or another not have the man management skills that Potter had.
A manager that demands 100% every game from a player is fine with me, we all know Trossard was very inconsistent and went missing a lot. He could be arsed against the big sides not so much against others. On the other hand it took yonks for Potter to drop the hapless Maupay he’s was giving nothing back for the faith shown in him, immediately got stroppy when eventually dropped is that great man management?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I've no issue with him leaving – as I've said before, players and managers come and go and the model at the club certainly seems to be to maximise profits on players such as Trossard.

Also, there's clearly two sides to the story – or at least a clash of personalities. I'm not saying that either party did anything wrong (although going public was a bit of a gamble/silly move IMO), but I bet RDZ can be a nightmare for some players, which possibly hastened Trossard's departure.

Anyway, good luck to him and thanks for all the goals!
I can’t wish any player joining Arsenal good luck, really hope they get overhauled in their title challenge too. Arsenal, everyone’s favourite first or second club in Sussex, Surrey, Hants, Kent etc. It’s about time these clubs found their own talent rather than keep shopping at BHA. Sick of it, our ‘business model’ aside.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I can’t wish any player joining Arsenal good luck, really hope they get overhauled in their title challenge too. Arsenal, everyone’s favourite first or second club in Sussex, Surrey, Hants, Kent etc. It’s about time these clubs found their own talent rather than keep shopping at BHA. Sick of it, our ‘business model’ aside.
I always thought the first or second team in Sussex was either man u/Liverpool or spurs. But I havent lived there for over 20 years so have no idea.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Who would you rather win the title then? I've no allegiance to Arsenal, but I would rather see them win than anyone else because loads of people said they wouldn't. Also a bit because Ben White (even though the bucket-botherer made him the player he was) is a product of our club. On a related note to that, I've no issue who buys Brighton's players – I doubt the hierarchy of the club does, either – as long as we get the 'right' money for them.

As for the business model – it's doing exactly what you describe (and what it is designed to do): provide players with a platform to develop and showcase their talents, before being sold on for a large profit. If other clubs looked for their own talent (i.e. the players we are bringing through), the BHAFC is missing out – from a financial and a quality player point of view :shrug:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
That’s not the issue or even ‘an’ issue for me - any player with a contract running down (ie where an extension clause is necessitated) will be wondering whether to sign a new contract with the club he is with or be looking to move at the next window (especially one who is 28 and where it will likely be the last contract he signs in Top Tier football) and any player will admit to not wanting to turn down an opportunity with a big six club if it were offered, both for the Champions level football and the money! - none of what you point out is unusual nor a basis to demonise a player in my book.

My Mark Bowen post on the previous page was referring to his subsequent behaviour and performance since the WC which is what has caused all the controversy.

Publically stating you'd leave your club for another when you have 18 months left IS unusual.

Post-World Cup? Simply pee'd off and demotivated.

Hope he gets games at Arsenal. Just reminded of this...

“I know Leandro: bench him three times and he goes wild.” - Josy Comhair, Leandro Trossard’s agent.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
It's levels with me. I'd rather see Arsenal or Liverpool success over Chelsea, Man Ure or Citeh and so our players go to these teams over others.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It’s about time these clubs found their own talent rather than keep shopping at BHA. Sick of it, our ‘business model’ aside.

I agree.

That's why I like that we field an exclusively all-Brighton-grown team without us having pinched any players

Currently Kevin Mitoma, Phil Gross and Julian Enciso are smashing it. I'm just looking forward to Jacob Moder returning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here