Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Disagree here, RdeZ is far from a 'fiery Italian' IMHO. Always comes across as a measured assessor sort of a bloke, albeit with demonstrable passion for what he does and is trying to do. Also the fact that Trossard allegedly told Lallana and Dunk to F off when they tried to reason with him, shows a more together attitude from all the other players. Trossard is out on his own here and deserves to be got rid of. No one bigger than the club and all that.

TNBA

TTF
I’d go with ‘calm and steely’…….in a ‘don’t think you can **** with me‘ kind of way.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This bench warming thing is a distraction. His career will be harmed if he is bench warming at Brighton. His career will not be harmed if he is doing it at Arsenal - esp if they win the League. Simply by being at Arsenal makes him a more "credible player" and show career progression (I know, but it's true). And he'll probably be bench warming for two or three times what he earns here.

His World Cup didn't work out, but his engineering of a move may well have done.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
None of them fell out with Potter or seemingly publicly criticised him though. They all got sold for huge amounts comparably
Trossard is also comfortably the worse of those players listed - and with minimum resale value given his age. He’d be going for huge amounts less if he had the long term contracts the majority of those were on too.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Unless it’s in our favour and we talk about how much we sold White, Cucurella & Bissouma for then 😂 or that Caicedo only cost us £4M or whatever

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
With so many quality youngsters (purchases and through the ranks), the last thing you need is a "senior pro" acting the waffle. It just sends a terrible message to the young 'uns and RDZ did right to call him out in front of the squad. RDZ has laid down his own marker that he won't tolerate twatting about. 100% behind RDZ.

Look at how Arsenal perked up the minute they kicked Aubameyang out. Not looked back. The improvement in Man Utd in general (and Rashford in particular) since the "long past sell by date" Ronaldo was elbowed out.

If you want to be a top 6 side, you can't carry disruptive dickheads.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I’d go with ‘calm and steely’…….in a ‘don’t think you can **** with me‘ kind of way.
He stayed with his players in Ukraine until they were all sorted, despite the invasion.
Rock steady is my impression.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Don't forget the Ulloa clause in this contract, if you win the league you pay a further £1m

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This bench warming thing is a distraction. His career will be harmed if he is bench warming at Brighton. His career will not be harmed if he is doing it at Arsenal - esp if they win the League. Simply by being at Arsenal makes him a more "credible player" and show career progression (I know, but it's true). And he'll probably be bench warming for two or three times what he earns here.

His World Cup didn't work out, but his engineering of a move may well have done.
I think that's true but isn't he on record saying he would only move if he still got regular football?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think the most worrying thing is the fallout with the manager because if it can happen with Tross it can happen with anyone. Our firey Italian may for one reason or another not have the man management skills that Potter had.
Shit happens... not everyone gets along with everybody. Perhaps Trossard would fall out with GP as well given the circumstances, perhaps he wouldn't. Perhaps RDZ would be best buddies with Mat Ryan, Florin Andone or Ali Jahanbaksh that didn't like GP, or perhaps not.

No big deal. Bringing up the poor relations in media was a bad decision though as there's little point in telling everyone that relations have broken down (meaning the club will be eager to get rid of the player) since by any logical thinking it makes the club have a pretty poor position in any negotiation with a club that wants to buy him.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Arsenal are definitely in talks with trossy and Brighton.

Just the fee to be agreed and depending on whether other parties come forward.

This has been reported everywhere and is fairly reliable.

I'm fairly sure journos will have an understanding of what's being offered as well.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Shit happens... not everyone gets along with everybody. Perhaps Trossard would fall out with GP as well given the circumstances, perhaps he wouldn't. Perhaps RDZ would be best buddies with Mat Ryan, Florin Andone or Ali Jahanbaksh that didn't like GP, or perhaps not.

No big deal. Bringing up the poor relations in media was a bad decision though as there's little point in telling everyone that relations have broken down (meaning the club will be eager to get rid of the player) since by any logical thinking it makes the club have a pretty poor position in any negotiation with a club that wants to buy him.
Yes, except that the club had little choice but to rebuff the agents nonsensical statement and instead put it's own side of the story out there.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Arsenal are definitely in talks with trossy and Brighton.

Just the fee to be agreed and depending on whether other parties come forward.

This has been reported everywhere and is fairly reliable.

I'm fairly sure journos will have an understanding of what's being offered as well.
They might know what's being offered but the way Brighton act, has been done to death, even Arsenal won't know what we'll accept until we go yes.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Yes, except that the club had little choice but to rebuff the agents nonsensical statement and instead put it's own side of the story out there.
It had a choice - to shut up and deal with it behind closed doors.
Also, if the timeline tells a story, if anything it is the opposite: Trossard had little choice but to rebuff what RDZ was saying in his press conferences and instead put his own side of the story out there. There was not a sound from Camp Trossard until RDZ spent two press conferences talking about him not giving 100% etc.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Nonsense. Potter fell out with Ryan and Maupay and Cucurella handed in a transfer request.

My overall feeling on this is surprise at how little we've missed him. Would have been third or fourth name on my teamsheet at the start of the season. But with Mitoma, Sarmiento and now Buonanotte as succession plans I think we can cash in on a want-away 28 year old. I won't give him much grief on his return, he certainly gave us a bit more in terms of service than Marc "one season" Cucurella. Just a shame he seemed to hibernate in mid-winter.

Agree.

However the grief factor, like for many I assume will be dependent on the official goodbye message to the fans (regardless of what’s happened with the players and squad)

It feels like it should matter, but it does, to me anyway!!

#Needy

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
This thread’s title was changed from ‘Trossard’s World Cup’ to ‘Trossard’s Soap Opera’ (not by me I might add!) but I wonder if the timing of the World Cup (in the midst of the PL season and British winter) might have effected some PL players more than others? Mark Bowden certainly thinks there is a physical aspect to the mental impact of an intense competition experience like the WC may cause a sort of ‘chemical anticlimax’ in the brain in some players when football returns to it’s normal schedule and pace.

Trossard’s ’behaviour‘ and performance since the WC might well be put down to a desire to leave, personality clashes with the manager but maybe we should be seeing it in the context of a PL season disrupted by a WC and in Tross’s case, a slightly disappointing competition compared with eg. Mac Allister’s? Also, in Tross’s case, returning after training and WC matches in very hot weather to the cold and damp of British winter PL cant have helped for someone like Tross whose performance anyway seems impacted by weather.

Just saying, I don’t think a consummate professional like Trossard, who is still at the top of his game, just risks throwing it all away and possibly jeopardise his future just because …he’s got too ‘big for his boots’ or just self-sabotages for the hell of it or at the age of 28, after years of professional football, suddenly ‘can’t get on with people’. RDZ clearly stated in earlier pressers that he hadn’t been ‘right’ since the WC when he said "I don't know if after the World Cup he is suffering from something but I didn't see him at his maximum. I don't know if it is physical or mental”. Trossard clearly did not return in December to the form he had in August-November 2022. RDZ used him as a false nine in the 3-1 win over Southampton on Boxing Day and in the Arsenal game on New Year's Eve but I didn’t think he was very effective then so maybe there is something in Mark Bowden’s analysis?

I don’t think we have the whole picture by a long shot and any club willing to under evaluate Tross on the basis of the past few months does so at their loss IMO either by selling him too cheaply or missing out on a sale because he is in their eyes far less now than the actual £28-32m I think he is still worth. He will return to form with us or without us but we will anyway survive without him as the Amazing Analysis thread clearly demonstrates with our goal scoring stats!

https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/amazing-analytics.398765/post-10513641

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here