Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It is - I asked days ago if anyone could throw some light on what happened within the Belgium team over there, thinking it has had a lot to do with where we are now, that and maybe the fact Mitoma and now Ferguson make a guaranteed start increasingly difficult to fight for in each training session) - got absolutely no response typically so assume no one has any inside info. 🤷‍♂️
He’s not good enough to go all Ronaldo if he’s not picked. In answer to your question about what happened in Qatar, I have no idea other than his country underperforming more than any other rated country.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
It is - I asked days ago if anyone could throw some light on what happened within the Belgium team over there, thinking it has had a lot to do with where we are now, that and maybe the fact Mitoma and now Ferguson make a guaranteed start increasingly difficult to fight for in each training session) - got absolutely no response typically so assume no one has any inside info. 🤷‍♂️
I fear even NSC's infinite wisdom reaches a limit with regards to insider knowledge of the Belgium national football team's dressing room.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
You need to be fully committed to the cause with RDZ. There’s just no hiding. 110% power play. The players are wired up so stats galore to show up lapses in effort. I wonder if part of recent events is Trossard knowing he’s not up to this more aggressive style of play, will be found out and wants out.
And there’s the rub. Some players just aren’t suited to power play. This fad of high pressing etc works but it takes its toll on players - just look at Liverpool this season. - they are just burnt out. With the current vogue Trossard is unlikely to be a good fit anywhere in the PL.

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
As many others have intimated, if he wants to go this window and wants CL football then I think he’ll have to go abroad.
Send him back to Genk...on track for the CL next season

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
What I find really odd is that Mac Allister was a World Cup winner yet comes back early and says how happy he is here. Yes, he may well be gone in the summer but he has shown respect and been totally professional whilst thanking the club for helping him achieve his dream. Then we have Trossard who played in an underachieving Belgian team who seemed very reluctant to give him the ball when he played, coming back and taking the piss in training sessions and then throwing a strop when pulled up for it.

It’s just bloody odd imo
Maybe he's just thick

It has been known amongst the footballing fraternity

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
What I find really odd is that Mac Allister was a World Cup winner yet comes back early and says how happy he is here. Yes, he may well be gone in the summer but he has shown respect and been totally professional whilst thanking the club for helping him achieve his dream. Then we have Trossard who played in an underachieving Belgian team who seemed very reluctant to give him the ball when he played, coming back and taking the piss in training sessions and then throwing a strop when pulled up for it.

It’s just bloody odd imo
I just get the feeling the agent gassed him up pre tournament. Loads of clubs interested ..... Youre hot shit... There's gonna be a bidding war etc etc.... So in his mind he thought he was off headed for the bright lights ... Remember pre world cup the agent was giving cringe worthy interviews hinting trossy was heading for the really big boys.

But when he came back, all that's happened is some limp interest from abroad offering next to nothing from a fee perspective.

None of the big boys in England want him, and now he's stuck.

If my theory is right, he just needs to get his head straight. And de zerbi has kind of hinted at that. So I think there's a way back it may just need a few weeks.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Maybe he's just thick

It has been known amongst the footballing fraternity
If Herge had written 'Tin Tin goes to the world cup' he wouldn't have penned this aftermath for his little Belgian hero.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I fear even NSC's infinite wisdom reaches a limit with regards to insider knowledge of the Belgium national football team's dressing room.
That would be a truly surprising admission of failure for the clairvoyants amongst us 😂

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

It’s just bloody odd imo
I have a hypothesis.

Tossard is a bit of a wanka.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The calf strain is an interesting one. Was fit to play Boro but did not get picked. Sounds like he’s done next to no training since. So how the hell did he end up with a calf strain?
He came off the bench v Charlton, first game back after the WC and against low level opposition so wasn’t a perceived need to start him then either. Looked totally disinterested when he did come on. It’s all odd…beginning to think what @HWT said.

He came off the bench v Charlton, first game back after the WC and against low level opposition so wasn’t a perceived need to start him then either. Looked totally disinterested when he did come on. It’s all odd…beginning to think what @HWT said.
Probably thought "I've been in the world Cup and now I'm coming on as a sub against bleeding Charlton! I'm too good for this lark! De Zerbi probably laid into them all after Charlton and others have been different class since. Leandro messed about in training(probably got away with it a bit under previous management team)but, De Zerbi ain't having it. Words been said and Leandro doesn't like it?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Probably thought "I've been in the world Cup and now I'm coming on as a sub against bleeding Charlton! I'm too good for this lark! De Zerbi probably laid into them all after Charlton and others have been different class since. Leandro messed about in training(probably got away with it a bit under previous management team)but, De Zerbi ain't having it. Words been said and Leandro doesn't like it?
Something like that probably - although not just De Z, apparently a ‘senior player’ (possibly called Adam Llama or something) called him out and they had a bust up. Based on yesterday’s performance the squad don’t seem to be missing him too much.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Closest I get is my cattle farming friend. He doesn't do donkeys or stroppy chickens
:lolol:

As an aside I saw a white Cortina near Arundel today, was that you?
No it wasn't* . .I drove to little ole London town to look at a roller skate for Zef jr.

*shuffles off down the workshop to check contents . . . 😬

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
That ‘offer’ from Atletico that I think you are referring to,occurred in October - before the Qatar WC. The hope they had to get Tross on a free transfer this summer, went out of the window once Brighton activated the extension in December - I suspect against Tross’s agent’s wishes, hence the drama and fcuking about in training apparently pissing off Lallana - there’s no solid info that Atletico have since submitted a latter offer for a fee but just ‘rumours’ that they are still interested (as is Spurs etc) but it’s a rapidly changing situation I think and the boy has done himself no favours.

According to De Zerbi all options to return still on the table - Tross went to Belgium with RDZs permission apparently.
I suspect, the alternative to hearing a transfer deal this window, will be Trossard ’slinking’ back into the side with minimal fuss, (perhaps doing some ’community service with the U18s!) and fighting for his place on the team hoping to boost a good move in the summer window - clearly RDZ still rates him highly as a player judging from his pressers.
You really do take these 'stories' in gossip sites as gospel, don't you!

No one really knows if A.madrid were interested. And I suspect that the spurs/Newcastle 'interest' is just the agent trying to drum up business.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
You only need to read the first and last sentences on that statement to see what this is all about. We also know Trossard has these winter spells and slumps where his performances drop, maybe the training incident he used to get away with under previous management but is not being tolerated by RDZ who we know has upped the intensity of training.

As to the dirty linen points one thing RDZ has been since he joined is clear and direct with the club, media, fans and players and this is really refreshing as a fan and nobody is under any illusions about what he needs from them. He was clear and described what happened and I have no reason not to believe him and his view the players behaviour is not acceptable.

As for Trossard after all this sulking and unprofessional behaviour he may get his move but I think he is going to be in for a shock as to the calibre of club In for him and will probably end up at villa or West Ham.
This. In addition to the dirty linen points, these lads are paid an ludicrous amount of money. Imo RDZ has every right to talk about it to the media in the way he has done if one of his players isn't putting in the graft at training (within reason - unless there's personal issues or whatever). Sod trossard if he's angry about that - he earns way too much

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here