Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
How do you think we sign players ? We spent at least a year courting Alexis MacAllister
This isn't about the bigger picture. This is about an individual player misbehaving.

I don't see MacAllister behaving in the way that Trossard has conducted himself. His actions have resulted in a real mess, with the media having a feeding frenzy.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
This isn't about the bigger picture. This is about an individual player misbehaving.

I don't see MacAllister behaving in the way that Trossard has conducted himself. His actions have resulted in a real mess, with the media having a feeding frenzy.
My point was in reference to the contract thing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
See you there! "Alright Robbie mate, I'm having a a few problems with the wife, any chance of a quick chat?"
Hi Bob.

I know I should reduce my tyre pressure in the winter, but I just can't commit, what do you think?

Oh I was expecting something a bit more lively than Rich Tea.

(I suggest you clip his quote and start a new fred)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
My point was in reference to the contract thing.
So was mine. Trossard should fulfill the contract which he freely signed. Playing up, going slow and taking the piss in training etc to force a new contract elsewhere, is not fulfilling his contract. Neither is going to the press. Now he's buggered off home to Belgium. Silly boy.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
When he is good he is very very good, but when he's bad he is invisible. And if he wants away (which seems very odd) then so be it.

He's the thinking man's Anthony Knockaert.

If we can get £30m for him that would be a good bit of business.
Take your point.

Although I didn’t initially in his first season, he is actually a lot better Knockaert at this level. Agree with the rest of your post though and £30m seems about right.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don’t think he is as good as he thinks he is. Certainly an important part of our squad but for every Liverpool away there are quite a few games where he is completely anonymous. Top 6 clubs may disagree and if so they will as per usual have to pay Tony’s price or he can warm the bench as an over age player in the under 23s if he likes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed, I suspect others are far more involved in the actual fee negotiation... Tony certainly drives the ethos/standards but he’s not going to be speaking directly with anyone... why people think this is the case is beyond me.

He employs a brilliant team to handle the poker playing side of player sales, every player has a value ... tbh, it’s not that difficult to stay strong and realise what you want from the majority of transfers, providing the contract length is long enough.

This one, if it comes to it, will not see us cream much beyond 20 million imho... the circumstances are awful and the timing shite... he’s off and we might be more united for it.
You are repling to and adding to post of false equivalence. Of course Bloom doesn't sit back and just rubber stamp other people's decisions. Do you really think he doesn't use the Starlizard data base to look, himself, and players? That doesn't mean he does everything. And anyone else making decision is doing so by proxy, on his behalf.

As for the post to which you reply, and the extent to which Tony is in charge, and the 'how come he lost his manager and team if he knows what he's doing?' (I paraphrase @Clive Walker ), that's the false equivalence. If a freak ice block drops off a DC10 wing and smashed through the roof of my house this doesn't prove that I am not the mastermind behind the success of my household.

philgull25

Jul 29, 2005
Polegate
Trossard is one of the best players that’s ever played for this club. Unfortunately he’s a representation of what we now stand for, a feeder club for the big boys once a player has outgrown us.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
As others have said, unfortunately now we're a club that hovers around the upper mid table zone the occasions on which the top clubs try to take our players & turn their heads will increase. Or occasionally players will be tempted to think they're ready to step up to the next level and try to engineer a move. Comes with the territory. I guess its sort of a compliment. But we're well placed to continue seamlessly if Trossard does go.

Best thing Leo & RDZ can do now is have a chat monday, clear the air, where no doubt Leo will say he is ready to move on & the club can say 'yes we understand, get your head down, work hard, and we'll see what happens, but it will only be if a fair offer comes in'.

I get the feeling Trossard,having had such a great start to the season and under Potter was virtually 1st name on team sheet irrespective of some of his (appearing not interested) performances. As many have said he's brilliant at times whereas missing in other matches. Since the change of manager he has found it difficult to accept the demands of Roberto and even after his 3 goal Liverpool performance Roberto said he can improve more. Since world Cup he has been off his game and rightly so been dropped. Its as if Trossard thinks he should be playing irrespective of form because he can produce moments of magic to win games. Maybe the( I'm too good to be dropped) scenario? I am probably way off the mark though🙄🙄not forgetting that a few headlines and rumours about bigger clubs wanting him too!

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I don’t think he is as good as he thinks he is. Certainly an important part of our squad but for every Liverpool away there are quite a few games where he is completely anonymous. Top 6 clubs may disagree and if so they will as per usual have to pay Tony’s price or he can warm the bench as an over age player in the under 23s if he likes.

You've nailed it, as did @Hamilton in an earlier comment. On his day, he can be sensational. It's just that his days are not that frequent.

It is his inconsistency that devalues his overall contribution. I think back to the days of 'non-scoring Solly'. Even though he didn't score, he still contributed, by tracking back and occupying his opposing counterpart. When Trossard is not on song, he goes missing. Compare that statement to Veltman, who never, ever goes missing.

I know which players I prefer.

Glawstergull

May 21, 2004
GLAWSTERSHIRE
Also the agent is set to normally get a nice cut of any transfer fee. therefore any player showing signs of wanting a change would be encouraged by said agent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here