Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
The art of being a top businessman in a large company is being able to delegate the day to day running to skilled people in their field, and not having to be hands on too often isn’t it? TB has played an absolute blinder at this club

I certainly worship at his altar :lolol:
So do i

I have a life-sized mural of him on my bedroom wall

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
So basically

1) agent drums up business for player and gets interest based on low fee with short contract

2) Albion trigger extension driving up fee

3) clubs looking for cheap deal now not interested

4) players sulks and attitude spills out in training

5) manager and senior player calls out behaviour

6) player sulks and works with agent to try to force a move at lower price
i think that's about it!

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
Imagine if this was the most elaborate overhyped contract renewal reveal ever.

Camera pans from Leo’s car on the Eurostar to show bloom in a Skoda adjacent. A wink from Bloom before the boot opens fully of reddies and Leo dives in. *

* needs work
I know Leo and TB may not be the tallest of gentlemen, but I don’t think you will be seeing them in their cars on Eurostar ( no charge for this pedant comment 👍😎)

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
"I can't help him. The person who can change this situation is Leo."
Love this rather hopeful (I thought) quote from RDZ though - and what some of us have been saying about the media and chat forums having a field day and giving it more significance because of the window, rings true and you can totally see RDZ having an emotional coaching style even by watching him in the dugout.

“De Zerbi said "problems" such as that currently involving Trossard were fairly commonplace.

He added: "I think we're giving too much importance to something that is normally happening in the dressing rooms of every club in the world.

"I was a player and a lot of times I had these kinds of problems and maybe through this happening the relationship later on will be much stronger, but I'm working in this way.”

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I know Leo and TB may not be the tallest of gentlemen, but I don’t think you will be seeing them in their cars on Eurostar ( no charge for this pedant comment 👍😎)
It literally changed from Eurotunnel to Eurostar within minutes!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Love this rather hopeful (I thought) quote from RDZ though - and what some of us have been saying about the media and chat forums having a field day and giving it more significance because of the window, rings true and you can totally see RDZ having an emotional coaching style even by watching him in the dugout.

“De Zerbi said "problems" such as that currently involving Trossard were fairly commonplace.

He added: "I think we're giving too much importance to something that is normally happening in the dressing rooms of every club in the world.

"I was a player and a lot of times I had these kinds of problems and maybe through this happening the relationship later on will be much stronger, but I'm working in this way.”
The media and forums love a bit of drama.
It explains why soap operas are popular.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I know Leo and TB may not be the tallest of gentlemen, but I don’t think you will be seeing them in their cars on Eurostar ( no charge for this pedant comment 👍😎

I was overcome with creative emotion, I was obviously referring to Le Shuttle

Had a western

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
My thoughts.

I can definitely see a situation where Tony is prepared to hold onto a player not playing while he loses value. Remember, every member of the squad will be looking at this to see what the clubs resolve is like.

It's far from certain Leo never plays for us again. It's possible a Villa type club comes in for him late in the window, but I reckon they'll be looking at their other options first, meaning it would likely be quite late in the window.

But it's just as likely there's no bid, temp or perm, that we're willing to entertain. In that circumstance, Leo has not yet crossed any uncross-able lines, but could find there's an almighty battle for a place with younger players stepping in and performing up front.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I just dropped a player at the training ground, I’m a cab driver by the way, we had a chat about the Leo situation. He said the statement was rubbish. There was no altercation with another player. It was in a team meeting the argument took place with RDZ. These things happen though in life. He will probably leave but let’s hope we get the right price. Onwards and upwards. 👍👍👍👍👍
You'll never guess who I had in my cab earlier :)

Poskettspurpose

Jun 18, 2021
A lot of speculation around LT but he's courted controversy from the word go with comments from his agent like 'he's using Albion as a stepping stone to bigger clubs'. I don't have a problem with that however I think there are ways of doing it without alienating yourself from the club and fans. I'm not sure Tross hasn't peaked a bit later than he hoped (in his contract and career). Put simply the club aren't just going to give him away, it's business sense and I'm happy without knowing the full details to believe Tony and Paul are standing firm on this. I'd like to see him playing positively until he inevitably leaves however, I don't want to see the likes of clubs such as money bags Newcastle picking him up for nothing. As an aside I've never warmed to Tross much as he's always appeared to think he was better than Brighton, just a feeling on that without too much tangible evidence.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Anyone else moved onto the stage of feeling excited about who we might sign to replace him? I reckon RDZ would prefer someone quicker than Trossard up there.
Yep. I'm right there. I do think we need to get a relatively experience do a job now player in. I'm hoping we get the attacking equivalent of the Cucu / Perv switcheroo.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
My thoughts.

I can definitely see a situation where Tony is prepared to hold onto a player not playing while he loses value. Remember, every member of the squad will be looking at this to see what the clubs resolve is like.

It's far from certain Leo never plays for us again. It's possible a Villa type club comes in for him late in the window, but I reckon they'll be looking at their other options first, meaning it would likely be quite late in the window.

But it's just as likely there's no bid, temp or perm, that we're willing to entertain. In that circumstance, Leo has not yet crossed any uncross-able lines, but could find there's an almighty battle for a place with younger players stepping in and performing up front.
Holding on to a player who wanted to go was precisely what Southampton did with Virgil Van Dijk. He was longish term injured as well at the time from what I remember. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him going nowhere this window.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Well this is sad isn't it.

Trossard has been brilliant for us. At the age of 28 it doesn't surprise me that he wants a move, it's probably his last chance of being wanted by UCL football teams.

I find the whole forcing a transfer thing very odd. It's not like Brighton don't consider offers and they can't make clubs bid. It seems like there is a club bidding, but the price is too low.

But releasing statements to media doesn't reflect well on the player and could affect whether other clubs want him. Why take the guy who is going to cause loads of problems?

I get that the statement is in reaction to RDZ comments - I'm not sure that the club will be particularly happy with those either as it makes a price lower.

In general I agree with what RDZ is doing though - work your f***ing bollocks off lads, high intensity at all times... or get out.
I understand him wanting a CL move too. Which is all the more odd. Because all he had to do was wait out another few months, playfully in a good team that's in form and he would have waltzed out to a CL club in the summer with applause ringing in his ears. All he had to do was not be a dickhead for 5 months. It seems he couldn't manage it.

Part of me also wonders whether his heads gone at the emergence of Mitoma and Ferguson.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here