Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I can't believe all the "get rid". You can't seriously believe we are better off selling him, he is our highest goalscorer this season. I hope he sees the error of his ways, apologises and knuckles down and we see the old Leo again. We are a better side with him in our team for sure. I don't think he will do this but lets not kid ourselves that we are better off getting rid of him. I suspect we now won't get that big fee as a result of all this.
I guess you saw the damage Ronaldo did at Man U? De Zerbi (and us) can do without people who don’t want to be here. We’ve shown that we can actually come out of it better

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
If Sulky does manage to engineer a move away from the club we will be two senior experienced midfielders light with Mwepu forced to retire. Hopefully we could replace at least one of them

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Argus reporting

Comhair, Trossards agent, has said there was an “altercation between Leandro and another player at training about a trivial matter”.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I find it amazing how some players who are so handsomely remunerated cannot honour the contracts that they've signed.

All Trossard had to do was to put 100% effort in for us until the end of the season, and we'd of sold him in the summer with the best wishes of us fans and the club. He could imo have then signed a chunky contract with a top tier club if he'd continued his early season form.

Now he comes across as a bit of a tosser, hasn't played well in a while, and will probably sign for a underachieving, overpaying 'big' club without much hope of winning anything meaningful. Sad, really, I think his time here has demonstrated that he can be brilliant at times, but for large parts painfully inconsistent so not gutted to see him go.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Unless I've missed something, you must be referring to buonanotte who we agreed a deal for in November, took effect on January 1st and is expected to go into the academy, rather than a first team. Plus, my post was meant to be a tongue in cheek example of the panicky rants we'll see if we lose tomorrow rather than an accurate reflection of reality.
You haven't been reading much, academy? Don't think so

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't believe all the "get rid".
You wait till we get dry bumped by Liverpool reserves.
They'll still be all the get rid...

But it won't be The Tros.

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
I can't believe all the "get rid". You can't seriously believe we are better off selling him, he is our highest goalscorer this season. I hope he sees the error of his ways, apologises and knuckles down and we see the old Leo again. We are a better side with him in our team for sure. I don't think he will do this but lets not kid ourselves that we are better off getting rid of him. I suspect we now won't get that big fee as a result of all this.

We are better off without a disruptive character in the team. He hasn't played well since the WC and we've done well enough. Mitoma is a great, possibly even better replacement for Trossard.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
As Bloom is becoming well known for playing hardball and getting huge fees (White and Cucurella) I'm not surprised that when a player simply decides he wants out Right Now (Jan window) that things get a bit dramatic. Not everyone wants to play the patient long game. It's a shame because I've always liked watching Tross, particularly since he stopped aiming for the crossbar/post. I'm not entirely sure we'll get the fee we want now but anything around the Bissmark is ok, I guess. As for DeZ's style, he may be being honest but not a fan of washing dirty linen in public.
He was asked a question that was probably loaded given what transpired within hours. De Zerbi would have been briefed to what was about to break and got in first.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
it’s already triggered (unless Tross just ripped up his contract and threw the bits in his coach’s face 😂) and it doesn’t really serve any purpose imo to sideline him if we are still paying wages - we are presumably now trying to sell him and he wants out by most accounts/media reports/statements from the club. I think we’d get more on a transfer for a player able to show his top (comeback) form than one sitting on the dressing room naughty step sulking. 😉
oh I know it’s not a sensible or logical thing to sideline him but out petty vindictiveness it would be hilarious!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
If you can't believe the get rid believe he will never play for us again, think that's obvious.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

On current form, he isn't.

Mitoma, March, Mac, Gross and Lallana are playing so well.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He wants to leave us and now. Pretty predictable really, at 28 he has to contrive a situation where he can escape the final 17 months of his contract. To win trophies at Villa, Spurs or Everton, it’s his last chance.

Once that happens, other than the examples of Kane and Zaha being kept as (highly paid) prisoners of Levy and Parish, the game is up.

Keeping a miserable face around the club who’s fallen out with RDZ and Lallana, is of no benefit to us, if anything it’s disruptive.

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Too many people are very good at putting 2 and 2 together and making 6. I too hope it is something that can be sorted out. He’s a terrific player when he’s in the right place. We shall see.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
The old Leo who would be amazing for 1 game in 6 and then be anonymous in between? Genuinely never seen the hype in him as he just never had the consistency. I can hit a decent free kick into the top corner if I have enough chances and Leo, despite his clear talent has never been able to string it together for a decent spell. Hence why I suspect no team has made a serious attempt to sign him for the last 4 years. He's clearly thought he is bigger than the club from the start, I'd ask for anything north of £30m or he can rot in the reserves for 18 months

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Too many people are very good at putting 2 and 2 together and making 6. I too hope it is something that can be sorted out. He’s a terrific player when he’s in the right place. We shall see.
Come on now.
This is very, VERY unusual. A manager mentioning him specifically numerous times negatively and the players agent releasing a statement. I'm afraid he will never play for us again. Absolutely no question about that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here