Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leandro Trossard **Sold To Arsenal 20/01/2023**

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Was pretty much THE source when he was at Sky Sports a few years ago. Nowhere near as reliable now.

"Verbal offer" could mean anything.

Levy - "Hi Paul, this is Daniel. We can see Trossard looks a little unsettled. Would a fiver and a set of tracksuits secure him?"
Barbs - "Get stuffed"
Pete O'Rourke - "Spurs have submitted a verbal offer....."

I really don't see where he fits in at Spurs either. Not as quick as Son or Moura, not as good as Kulusevski, very similar to Gil and not going to oust Perisic at LWB. It's a puzzling one.

I wonder what @Kinky Gerbils thinks or @Paxton Dazo ?

I’d take him at Spurs.

SSN were reporting us signing him as a RWB and if that is the case, the transfer wouldn’t surprise me at all. He can only be an upgrade on Emerson Royal, Matt Doherty & Djed Spence (this might sound unfair given his limited game time but apparently he’s got an awful attitude and that reflects in training). Speaking to mates today who are STH’s at Brighton about this and all are in agreement he’s better in attacking positions - which I’d imagine you’d all also agree on.

In attacking positions I’d agree with you GB. Can’t see him getting much game time. Kulusevski is incredible and I have no doubts will leave us for a bigger club within the next 2 years. Despite having a very average season, Son is Son. Then you have Richarlison and Moura coming back from injury.

I also wouldn’t be surprised one bit if we dangled the Bissouma carrot on a 6-month loan as part of the deal. Can assure you he’s much more loved down here than at Spurs (there’s clearly a very good player there but we’re yet to see it)… plus we’ve already got Hojberg, Bentancur and Skipp in that position.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I’d take him at Spurs.

SSN were reporting us signing him as a RWB and if that is the case, the transfer wouldn’t surprise me at all. He can only be an upgrade on Emerson Royal, Matt Doherty & Djed Spence (this might sound unfair given his limited game time but apparently he’s got an awful attitude and that reflects in training). Speaking to mates today who are STH’s at Brighton about this and all are in agreement he’s better in attacking positions - which I’d imagine you’d all agree on.

In attacking positions I’d agree with you GB. Can’t see him getting much game time. Kulusevski is incredible and I have no doubts will leave us for a bigger club within the next 2 years. Despite having a very average season, Son is Son. Then you have Richarlison and Moura coming back from injury.

I also wouldn’t be surprised one bit if we dangled the Bissouma carrot on a 6-month loan as part of the deal. Can assure you he’s much more loved down here than at Spurs (there’s clearly a very good player there but we’re yet to see it)… plus we’ve already got Hojberg, Bentancur and Skipp in that position.
I don’t think bissouma would be much of a carrot given he would not get in our midfield anymore.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
(I think)
Trossard - Albion want to keep him
He’s our top scorer, he’s getting better - despite inconsistencies. RDZ rates him but is just more direct about player form - we haven’t had a manager like that for years.

(I know - due to reporting I trust)
His contract is extended until June 2024
He hasn’t signed a new one or rushed to do so.
Albion don’t want to sell anyone in the Jan window except if they get silly offers (I doubt they will for Trossard but maybe)

(I think) They might sell him in summer window given Bloom strategy / alternative fwds like Mitoma, or even the teens Enciso, BuonaNotte , Sarmiento OR they’ll find an Estupinan like PL ready replacement for cheaper ££.

I think - Most of the transfer stuff about him so far is just window noise. Or outright guff.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I’d take him at Spurs.

SSN were reporting us signing him as a RWB and if that is the case, the transfer wouldn’t surprise me at all. He can only be an upgrade on Emerson Royal, Matt Doherty & Djed Spence (this might sound unfair given his limited game time but apparently he’s got an awful attitude and that reflects in training). Speaking to mates today who are STH’s at Brighton about this and all are in agreement he’s better in attacking positions - which I’d imagine you’d all also agree on.

Sounds like nonsense. Trossard is a left winger / attacking midfielder / false nine who has, at times, been utilised as an advanced left wing back. I'm not sure that he has ever played as a right wing back in his career. Buying him would cost more than signing a decent and practiced RWB.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Sounds like nonsense. Trossard is a left winger / attacking midfielder / false nine who has, at times, been utilised as an advanced left wing back. I'm not sure that he has ever played as a right wing back in his career. Buying him would cost more than signing a decent and practiced RWB.
Yeah, you’re probably right.

As you know - these transfers windows cause all sorts of nonsense rumours.

This is a club that let Kieran Trippier go though, and replaced him with Serge Aurier so who knows what to think.

Time will tell.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I'm pretty sure I've seen him play for Belgium as a RWB in the Nations League or a friendly but agree it's difficult to understand why anyone would buy him for that position.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I think it's the most interesting thing in all this. RDZ clearly isn't happy with him. It can't just be inconsistency that's riled him.
I think workrate too but it’s no different to Hughton or Potter I suspect - except they’d never say that about a player at a press conference. Doesn’t mean he wants to get rid. Just going to have to get used to a manager who is more direct about players when asked.
PS - he was injured on Saturday as opposed to dropped (he was dropped for Everton)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think workrate too but it’s no different to Hughton or Potter I suspect - except they’d never say that about a player at a press conference. Doesn’t mean he wants to get rid. Just going to have to get used to a manager who is more direct about players when asked.
PS - he was injured on Saturday as opposed to dropped (he was dropped for Everton)
Yeah I'm sure he'd love to keep a commited Tross. We all would.
Just his pressers have been pretty harsh I think. It's great actually, refreshing, but very different to what we've been used to.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I've been quite pleased to see RDZ apparently critical of Leo. Will be interesting to see how he responds. He's got immense ability and, for us, is frequently a wonderful player. To move a step higher, I think he needs to hit his highest level more often. I'm sure that's all De Zerbi is trying to do. Currently, I could see Trossard getting lost as a squad player at a Champions League club but that shouldn't be the case if he fulfils his talent.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I don’t think that ‘Barbs’ has the kind of relationship where he tells Levy to get stuffed.

The conversation probably went something like this:

Barbs - “Hi Daniel, this is Paul. We can’t seem to get Trossard to sign a new contact, are you interested in him for a cut-price £40m? He is our top scorer”.

Levy - “After cut-price Bissouma? You’re having a ****ing laugh aren’t you?”

Barbs - “Fair enough, well seeing as we’re mates, could you make a fake verbal bid as Newcastle have just emailed over a £25m offer and we obviously want a lot more than than?”

Levy - “Sure. I’ll leak it to that **** O’Rourke, he’ll spill the beans within minutes, he always does. In return, could we have first option on Mac & Caicedo?”

Barbs - “Haha Daniel, stop pulling my plonker, both are now out of range looking at the kind of fees you normally pay.”

Levy - “Furry muff! Pilates Thursday?”

Barbs - “See you there buddy”.
Pretty close to that I’d think.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I doubt he was injured. He wants off and we’ll want as much money as possible if he goes.
We can stand in his way and wait til the summer but the problem with that is will we get the maximum out of him in between times? Think Biss last year. Poor in Jan but although we all knew he’d be off in the summer he got his head down and did ok for the rest of the season.
Will Tross? Looks like a no.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
For the first time ever I am ever so slightly ITK on this one via a journalist mate who is also a Spurs season ticket holder. In short: his agent is touting him around to gauge interest. Which is what you’d expect him to do ahead of his last ‘big contract’. And that’s pretty much it at this stage. He’ll probably move in the summer, but we all knew that anyway.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
For the first time ever I am ever so slightly ITK on this one via a journalist mate who is also a Spurs season ticket holder. In short: his agent is touting him around to gauge interest. Which is what you’d expect him to do ahead of his last ‘big contract’. And that’s pretty much it at this stage. He’ll probably move in the summer, but we all knew that anyway.
If you get a chance ask your mate if Biss is actually happy at Tottenham. 👍🏻

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Unless he doesn't get a big money move and re-signs with us. He's pretty inconsistent as we know so it's hard to imagine anyone coming in with £25m+ imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here