Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Given that Leo would get a percentage of any transfer , it would be in his own interest to sign a new deal with us , the more time left on his contract = the bigger his percentage and he knows we will still agree to let him go for the right money .

But i believe Leo`s biggest concern would be ( as others have said ) game time , ask Biss how happy he is with going from 1st on the sheet to maybe getting 10-15 minutes each game . Again as has already been said , if he left at nearly 29 with possibly less game time it would seriously effect his International status and opportunities to represent Belgium . He knows playing regularly for us got him his regular call ups , he loves playing for Belgium so this would be of massive concern for him .

Money and European games is what he wants , money can surely be found to keep such an important player , and he must see that with the team we have and the youngsters coming through , not to forget future signings will give us a genuine chance of that , yesterday should prove that to him .

Anyway the ramblings of a desperate supporter or real belief , one can only hope :salute:
I think Biss and Cucu have both struggled to make the step up to CL clubs, although both may yet come good (Biss took his time to settle in at Brighton). I suspect it would be the same for Tross. I can't see him being a regular starter at any top 6 club at the moment, so would end up the bit part 70-80th minute substitute (almost like he is for Belgium behind Hazard). And although he is probably on his day our best player, as noted by others, he can go missing in action (often during the winter months when we have our barren spells). I hope he looks at what Mac has just done, believe we are going somewhere, and signs another 3 year contract for us. Failing that, if he wants European football, he should probably go abroard where he could get in a CL team more easily (although probably not earn more money). What I hope he doesn't do is go to Newcastle (or of course Chelsea)

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I think Biss and Cucu have both struggled to make the step up to CL clubs, although both may yet come good (Biss took his time to settle in at Brighton). I suspect it would be the same for Tross. I can't see him being a regular starter at any top 6 club at the moment, so would end up the bit part 70-80th minute substitute (almost like he is for Belgium behind Hazard). And although he is probably on his day our best player, as noted by others, he can go missing in action (often during the winter months when we have our barren spells). I hope he looks at what Mac has just done, believe we are going somewhere, and signs another 3 year contract for us. Failing that, if he wants European football, he should probably go abroard where he could get in a CL team more easily (although probably not earn more money). What I hope he doesn't do is go to Newcastle (or of course Chelsea)
The thought of Leo going to either of those two makes me cringe , i`m with you on the abroad idea , if he has to go then Germany or Italy but i will be holding out for that slim chance he sings a new deal .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think Tross is simply biding his time. Seeing how the new manager is, his agent seeing what interest there is, seeing how his World Cup & season goes.

Agents will be in overtime during November / December ready for a January window

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Hate to say it but if we are looking safe in Jan and a big offer comes in we have to take it, his value will only go down from now on. We can then allow Roberto to have a big spending pot.
I think it’s ‘when’ not if’ with a big offer.

I think Newcastle will poke about with a £25m/£30m offer then a Big Six will come in (like Chelsea with Cucu) and blow their bid away. Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea or Manure.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'd like to think he's biding time to see how things settle down with RDZ ( so far so good)

I think he'll know that if he moves to a 'bigger' club he'll play a bit part, as he does for Belgium.

I'm sure TB has a good offer on the table for him so it's not unrealistic to think he'll resign, as MacA has.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
He’ll probably leave but the club have got to do everything it can to keep him. That means offering him a new contract which would make him the club‘s highest paid player. Got to break the £100,000 a week barrier with this one if we are serious about keeping him. He’s that important to us.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
He’ll probably leave but the club have got to do everything it can to keep him. That means offering him a new contract which would make him the club‘s highest paid player. Got to break the £100,000 a week barrier with this one if we are serious about keeping him. He’s that important to us.
I suspect that £100k a week barrier was broken last week.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Here we go, or maybe here‘s some more bullshit reporting

Chelsea have launched a £30m bid to sign Brighton and Belgium forward Leandro Trossard, 27. (FourFourTwo)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Chelsea have launched a £30m bid to sign Brighton and Belgium forward Leandro Trossard, 27. (FourFourTwo)
Call me Steven Naive but how are they submitting a bid outside a transfer window?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Call me Steven Naive but how are they submitting a bid outside a transfer window?
If you are a feeder club I guess you have these conversations well in advance, just not official yet :wink:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

If I was a cynical man I would say it just a case of unsettling the player, possibly called revenge for boogate….
If I was a really cynical man, I would suggest they are not remotely interested in even actually submitting a bid in January anyway…….

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If I was a cynical man I would say it just a case of unsettling the player, possibly called revenge for boogate….
If I was a really cynical man, I would suggest they are not remotely interested in even actually submitting a bid in January anyway…….
This would be no surprise.

Potter will be much more interested in getting players like Sterling up to speed. I don’t think he’ll be asking Boely to sign players for big fees. He is used to working with what he has got.

However, I’d be shocked if Newcastle don’t go in hard on him during January. I suspect a Big Six will then come in, Spurs or maybe Manure too. We’ll need a bidding war (like we did with Cucu) to get the price closer to £50m (I’ve clearly given up on Leandro signing a new contract, we can’t pay him Big Six money which frankly, his form and talent deserves).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We don't do sales in January. Dan Burn last year is the only one i can think of and they were quite unique circumstances. We've bought quite a lot in Jan, but I'd be surprised if we sell.
I get that. We turned down £35m from Villa for Biss last January, then had to sell him in the summer due to an extension not being signed. However, if we a signing a replacement for Tross in January, things might change.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
This feels like a Bissouma situation unless I'm pleasantly surprised. We won't sell him in January, will trigger his year extension and then sell for a decent amount the following summer with Enciso or Samiento playing a bigger role as the season progresses.

Sadly, I just can't see Trossard signing a new deal.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Given that Leo would get a percentage of any transfer , it would be in his own interest to sign a new deal with us , the more time left on his contract = the bigger his percentage and he knows we will still agree to let him go for the right money .
Conversely he could let his contract run down which would translate to higher wages at the next club 🤷

I think Newcastle will poke about with a £25m/£30m offer then a Big Six will come in (like Chelsea with Cucu) and blow their bid away. Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea or Manure.
Newcastle have Big 6 money and tbh I’ve stopped thinking of them as ‘outside’ the Big 6 when it comes to bidding wars and sitting 4 in the Table after 13 matches, there’s no doubt in my mind they will be qualifying in Europa (or even UEFA) if not this season than next. If they really want a Tross, they could pay the price (and could easily) outbid the other 6 - I have a feeling though, Newcastle would likely set their sights a little higher than Tross at this stage of their development.

It’s all conjecture and gossip until January - 😏 I would be very surprised though if the Club lets our only prolific goal scorer go in RDZ’s first transfer window. Chelsea are just taking the p!ss with £30 if that’s true but it’s not unusual is it to start with an early low bid to try and ‘devalue’ the player’s selling potential on the transfer market both to the selling club and potential buyers? Arsenal and Liverpool might put in offers but as others have said, I can’t see Tross wanting extortionate wages not to be in the first XI and not to play 90 minutes. Cucu is a shadow of his former self imo and is seems to be playing in a much more limited space than he was at Brighton.

I’m hoping RDZ attracts an up an coming shit hot Italian Striker that wants to work with the great De Zerbi!

Anyway, just repeating what everyone else is saying really!

Personally, I think there will be movement at Brighton in January but incoming not outgoing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here