Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
And no, it doesn't count if it's the agent, as the agent can't offer him to anyone.
Of course they can. They can try and get a deal moving with both sides, but finding out who might be interesting and suggesting what his player might want to the buying club can help move things along

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
think he either needs to sign a new deal or go in january. in some cases it would be possibly a good option to keep the player as long as possible and risk losing them on a free (18mths in leo's case), but I don't think that applies here.

far too inconsistent for us to not try and get the highest fee we can for him. think it's very likely he'll need replaced at some point, the more money we have to do that with the better

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
think he either needs to sign a new deal or go in january. in some cases it would be possibly a good option to keep the player as long as possible and risk losing them on a free (18mths in leo's case), but I don't think that applies here.

We’d probably be the first club in PL history to sell their top scorer in 2 consecutive windows !

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He has been playing with a face like a smacked ass for the last 2 games. I suspect he wants out.

Indeed. He is infuriatingly inconsistent for a top 7 side. Hope he stays though. :albion2:
Agree very doubt he's on a top team's radar. He certainly didn't grab headlines in the WC (Not like George Michael)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Why the question mark?

"offered to Liverpool". Right, so bloom phoned up Liverpool saying 'he's really good, definitely worth an offer'.

No.

And no, it doesn't count if it's the agent, as the agent can't offer him to anyone.
Hesitation on my part, in case nsc has a Ben Jacobs fanboy who’d laid down the law that he’s a genius on transfer news.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Probably bullshit, but his agent wouldn’t be doing his job if he wasn’t trying to find a move. Personally not sure I can see it. He’s a very good player, but not sure he’s a ‘premier league’ top 3-4 player
On his day, imho, he’d fit in a Citeh first 11. Just as good as Mahrez for example.

But too many games or halves where you’d fail to notice that he’s on the pitch.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Leandro Trossard has been offered to Liverpool and Chelsea? By who, I wonder? The Albion? - no, I seriously doubt that. His agent, scurrying around in search of a big pay day? - well, let's think...............

Maybe, perhaps?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
On his day, imho, he’d fit in a Citeh first 11. Just as good as Mahrez for example.

But too many games or halves where you’d fail to notice that he’s on the pitch.
I think that’s a fair assessment. He’s 28 now so I’m just not overly convinced he’s ‘that’ attractive to clubs above us, especially with a Brighton price tag on him

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Leandro Trossard has been offered to Liverpool and Chelsea? By who, I wonder? The Albion? - no, I seriously doubt that. His agent, scurrying around in search of a big pay day? - well, let's think...............

Maybe, perhaps?
Owning clubs always work with agents. The agent will want to know the club’s position on fee, contract status (intention to renew, expected salary, etc). Chances are, if true, it’s very much with the club’s blessing.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He’s obviously off. Pretty clear after he didn’t sign a new deal in the summer. Don’t blame him - at 28 last chance of a big money move. Expect his performances will raise again in April and off he goes in the summer (we won’t sell him in January).

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Maybe the player has indicated he wants to move, and the club are attempting to shift an unhappy player
Bit like Maupay - looked pissed off for weeks and didn’t Boussuma practically stop making an effort in the weeks leading up to his departure?
Tross loves scoring goals but doesn’t have the quality or physique to be top 6 PL no9 striker. I think he has much more goal scoring potential than he’s finding at Brighton at the moment in the position he’s playing in but I can’t see that changing any time soon so I wonder if a European team might suit him better in terms of giving him more goal scoring opportunities - maybe Ajax or PSG?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Would be surprising if Brighton did not try to sell him either now (if there's a very good replacement on the radar) or in the summer. He's value will decrease by each passing day at this point.

Probably he'd like to move as well but don't think he is desperate.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
My agent would like it to be known that I am available for any number of things.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Why the question mark?

"offered to Liverpool". Right, so bloom phoned up Liverpool saying 'he's really good, definitely worth an offer'.

No.

Absolutely the agent can, with the club’s blessing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here