Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leandro Trossard SIGNS ON A FOUR-YEAR DEAL

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As this is the Official 'Trossard' thread, I thought I'd bounce with this video, showing just how brilliant he is:

A perfect youtube footballer. Don't get me wrong, I do really rate him and am very glad he's ours.

But he will occasionally just go missing for 5-7 games in a row. Can be the way with wingers, I suppose.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A perfect youtube footballer. Don't get me wrong, I do really rate him and am very glad he's ours.

But he will occasionally just go missing for 5-7 games in a row. Can be the way with wingers, I suppose.

If he just went missing it might be excusable.

But he disappears off the face of the pitch and 5-7 is being generous.

I have absolutely no idea how a 9/10 EPL (not just Albion) performance can change into 3/10 subbed off after 60mins, then X amount of games later go back again.

Shirley if you're all but unplayable one week, your 'off days' you should still at least be decent!

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Watching his highlights reel, you realise just how many goals we're shy of over the last few seasons. It's not just a single striker missing chance after chance, it's throughout the team. When it all finally clicks, we'll all be getting nose bleeds!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Trossard signing a new contract would be a most welcome good news story to start the transfer window

I don't think it's going to happen. If it was going to happen, it would have done so by now. I think he'll see out the final year of his contract if we don't receive an appropriate offer, but I don't believe he'll sign a new contract. If he walks on a free next summer he'll be able to walk into one hell of a contract somewhere, pretty much anywhere else.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I don't think it's going to happen. If it was going to happen, it would have done so by now. I think he'll see out the final year of his contract if we don't receive an appropriate offer, but I don't believe he'll sign a new contract. If he walks on a free next summer he'll be able to walk into one hell of a contract somewhere, pretty much anywhere else.
He's not going anywhere on a free next summer as we have an option on extending his contract by a further year.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Watching his highlights reel, you realise just how many goals we're shy of over the last few seasons. It's not just a single striker missing chance after chance, it's throughout the team. When it all finally clicks, we'll all be getting nose bleeds!

With Caicedo and Mwepu on board, and Ali Mac now up to his level - and Cucurella if he stays - we may be on the way to sorting our goal scoring problems. Hope so anyway.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
We love Panda boy in the Freakout Household
He is a class act, frustrating sure, but i love seeing him put a defender on their backside when he totally bamboozles them

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If he just went missing it might be excusable.

But he disappears off the face of the pitch
and 5-7 is being generous.

I have absolutely no idea how a 9/10 EPL (not just Albion) performance can change into 3/10 subbed off after 60mins, then X amount of games later go back again.

Shirley if you're all but unplayable one week, your 'off days' you should still at least be decent!

An exaggeration to say the least

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

It's so funny. As I was watching it, it came up with "no. assists: 2" and my first reaction was "Jeez, Leo. You gotta step that up". Then you watch the highlights and the sheer volume of missed sitters, not just chances, but actual sitters we miss and it's genuinely remarkable. In the context of seeing them all in one long reel, you really do see how awful our finishing can be.

If Undav is half the striker we hope he is, those boots are going to be well filled next season. Either that, or he'll develop 50p head-itis and shovel-foot like the rest of the team.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
As this is the Official 'Trossard' thread, I thought I'd bounce with this video, showing just how brilliant he is:

Thanking you kindly for posting that. A joy to watch, even if [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] is spot on in saying he's made for youtube highlights. But the skill, balance, vision, acceleration. He's just a wonderful footballer. We're spoilt.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
Leo seems to be enjoying summer school again this year. He's played 25 mins tonight replacing Hazard and scored a couple.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Leo seems to be enjoying summer school again this year. He's played 25 mins tonight replacing Hazard and scored a couple.

This should keep.him out of action until October. :jester:

[tweet]1534633067196841989[/tweet]

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
From Barcelona? I doubt it, they will probably try and pay us with Woolworths gift cards and hope we don't notice.

Just about to say the same. Last I heard, Barca are potless

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here