Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leagues 1 and 2 Ended Early on Points Per Game Basis

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Same financial reasons led to Nigel Clough to resign at Burton Albion whilst also telling his chief scout brother and best mate assistant manager that they needed to do the same

Clough said three of them leaving as the no doubt highest earners would keep many others in a job

No doubt that Burton will have a league two budget in league one next year and quite possibly end up in league two as a result - but their fans will still have a club to support

Clough will no doubt get another job eventually - could be at Championship level with a League One type budget on which he kept Burton up once but not twice

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Something like weighting points for remaining home games higher than away using the same weighting for all clubs rather than based on achievement (like what I suggested), thereby favouring P'borough because they had more home games left. Who knew?

It's bad enough with [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION] taking the piss without you starting. ??? :lolol:

Pipe down grandad :D

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Good win for Cheltenham - always reminds me of the burger van fire at the away end!

Remember that well, we lost 3-1 didn’t we?

You couldn’t really call that an away end at the time - it was a few steps and some corrugated mesh covering 10 people!

I live here now snd hope they go up, they were the form team and were really in the hunt for automatic

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Exeter win after extra time.

Northampton 1 - 0 up v Cheltenham, but 2 - 1 down overall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here