• Bradford

Votes: 51 38.3%
  • Millwall

Votes: 21 15.8%

• Total voters

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Middlesbrough was historically in Yorkshire but has not been administratively since, I believe, 1974. It was in Cleveland, now a unitary authority I believe.

Hull has always been seen as Yorkshire, although again it was part of Humberside before being administratively a unitary authority in the East Riding of Yorkshire.

If I've got anything wrong then I'm sure @LordBracknell will put me right.

PG

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I don't really consider Hull to be Yorkshire either, but that's the way they seem to draw the boundaries these days.

As someone who was born in Yorkshire, I can tell you that how boundaries are drawn "these days" doesn't enter into it. The truth of the matter is that when God created the world, his special place consisted of the three Ridings and the City of York.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Fleetwood all day long... cheer the underdog on.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Bradford, because they have an imaginative ticket-pricing policy that has led to wonderful attendances. Leeds might find their promotion irritating.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just had a look - Fleetwood's total attendances for the season is 2 and a half games at the Amex.

I went to see Fleetwood v. Charlton last season and stood in the away stand which was a weird experience in itself (Charlton fans quite aggressive with a frigging drum ). Their ground is 'All fur coat and no knickers'. Walking up to the ground it looks quite impressive from the outside. Once inside it looks upper non-league (not dissimilar to Woking).

A perfect venue for the Champions of Europe, Massive, Villa, Norwich et al. Could be a bit like Withdean where teams don't want to visit although I'm sure the dressing rooms are better.

So, for me it's 'Come on Fleetwood'.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Bradford, my Nan was from the city and I've still got family there who support them. A bit of a soft sport for them for that reason and I always look out for their results and it would be great to see them back in the Championship.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Bradford be good. That'd piss off Leeds fan even more to be below them next year.

Do not want Fleetwood up. A joke that they've even got this far. Will not exist in ten years time.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A perfect venue for the Champions of Europe, Massive, Villa, Norwich et al. Could be a bit like Withdean where teams don't want to visit although I'm sure the dressing rooms are better.

Yeah, imagine the fixture computer throwing up an away trip to their place on a rain-sodden Tuesday night in November.

You'd have to wear a Fleetwood mac.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Bradford. I had a good mate at uni who was a big Bradford fan. I even persuaded him and another Newcastle supporting mate to go to Cardiff to watch the 2004 playoff final with me.

And it would piss off Leeds fans.

theboybilly

Blimey I feel old when I read people don't think of Middlesborough or Hull as Yorkshire towns or cities. My grandad joined the East Yorkshires in September 1914. The first four (Service) battalions constituting the Hull Pals.

Edit: Bradford City to go up please

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Yeah, imagine the fixture computer throwing up an away trip to their place on a rain-sodden Tuesday night in November.

You'd have to wear a Fleetwood mac.

If only you'd signed off with 'I'll get me coat'....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here