Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] League Cup Final

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Am I looking back with rose tinted spectacles, or did fans of losing teams generally used to hang around to applaud the winners?

Wembley inevitably half empty these days every time a trophy is awarded.
As painful as it is to be fair to scousers.

They are playing in an extra time penalties final, that kicked off at 4:30pm, hundreds of miles from 'home', on a Sunday night.

Am I looking back with rose tinted spectacles, or did fans of losing teams generally used to hang around to applaud the winners?

I was at the 88 and 89 Finals (Luton and Forest winning) the stadium was empty other than the winning teams fans when the trophy was presented.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Phew! My usual "bottle it" rule of thumb kicked in. If there is only 1 goal in it at 80 minutes, and the cash out on offer is greater than 50% of the potential full payout, I take it, so I merrily accepted £68, 3 minutes before Liverpool equalised :)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

O/T, out strolling through Watford, shoppjng today.
There were a lot of Liverpool & Man City fans grouped together outside several bars, that seemed to be getting along.
Specsavers......:)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
As painful as it is to be fair to scousers.

They are playing in an extra time penalties final, that kicked off at 4:30pm, hundreds of miles from 'home', on a Sunday night.

How many of them were actually hundreds of miles from home though?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Phew! My usual "bottle it" rule of thumb kicked in. If there is only 1 goal in it at 80 minutes, and the cash out on offer is greater than 50% of the potential full payout, I take it, so I merrily accepted £68, 3 minutes before Liverpool equalised :)

I don't know anything about betting, but would it have been classed as a City win, or the result at 90 minutes?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How many of them were actually hundreds of miles from home though?
Yeah you're probably right, all 31,500 Liverpool fans live in Brent and none of them have been inconvenienced. :yawn:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Yeah you're probably right, all 31,500 Liverpool fans live in Brent and none of them have been inconvenienced. :yawn:

Steady on chap, you were the one who suggested they'd all traveled from merseyside. One thing for sure, when the red sides from the north west play anywhere, they have thousands and thousands of fans on the doorstep, I have two friends who were there today, they had to get back to Horsham afterwards, and they'll be at Liverpools next game in the capital, and the one after that, they never miss a local Liverpool game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here