Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

League Cup Final

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Ultimately, money spoke yet again in modern football. The squad/team that cost many £100m's in fees and player wages, out powered the team that cost a fraction of that. Pretty predictable.

What about when Wigan beat Man City in the final?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I was delighted. That was the last piece in my acca today (Liverpool, Arsenal, Naarch, Chelsea). That got me a few beer tokens.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Ultimately, money spoke yet again in modern football. The squad/team that cost many £100m's in fees and player wages, out powered the team that cost a fraction of that. Pretty predictable.

while literaly true, in the case of Spurs that fraction is probably about 4/5ths.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
while literaly true, in the case of Spurs that fraction is probably about 4/5ths.

Let's get the facts right. Chelsea's starting 11 cost £187.8mill - Spurs cost £47mill so exactly one-quarter. This is because they had Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Townsend and Kane all produced by their system.

The benches both cost around £80mill because Spurs included flops Soldado and Lamela, but that's being kind to Chelsea because Drogba cost them £24mill first time around. Factor that in to the equation and Chelsea's matchday squad cost them £292mill to Spurs' £129m.

So, yes, it is all about money.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Well I was delighted. That was the last piece in my acca today (Liverpool, Arsenal, Naarch, Chelsea). That got me a few beer tokens.

Damn, I bottled it and just did Narich and Chelsea

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008

Well I won't be shedding any tears for those wankers from White Hart Lane. Clubs like ours are just an irrelevance as far as both Chelsea and Spurs are concerned.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Let's get the facts right. Chelsea's starting 11 cost £187.8mill - Spurs cost £47mill so exactly one-quarter. This is because they had Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Townsend and Kane all produced by their system.

The benches both cost around £80mill because Spurs included flops Soldado and Lamela, but that's being kind to Chelsea because Drogba cost them £24mill first time around. Factor that in to the equation and Chelsea's matchday squad cost them £292mill to Spurs' £129m.

So, yes, it is all about money.

Don't let FACTS get in the way of someone else's guessed argument.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well I won't be shedding any tears for those wankers from White Hart Lane. Clubs like ours are just an irrelevance as far as both Chelsea and Spurs are concerned.

No tears for me as well, they are over-hyped and arrogant PL clubs. Just saying that it was all quite predictable - the stinking rich club were able to acquire a higher grade of player and so beat the quite rich club to the silverware. With the odd exception, this is very much the norm of modern ££££ English and €€€€ European football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here