Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Leach out of the Ashes

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The way I would look at it is there was going to have to be a lot of rotation of the quicks anyway. Broad, Anderson and Wood were never going to play in every test. I think the most likely is that we'll just rotate even more heavily. Likely we'll see players like Woakes and Stone come in for a couple of test at some point.

Either that or take a massive punt on Rehan Ahmed. I'd be happy enough if Moeen changed his mind, but I doubt it

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The way I would look at it is there was going to have to be a lot of rotation of the quicks anyway. Broad, Anderson and Wood were never going to play in every test. I think the most likely is that we'll just rotate even more heavily. Likely we'll see players like Woakes and Stone come in for a couple of test at some point.

Either that or take a massive punt on Rehan Ahmed. I'd be happy enough if Moeen changed his mind, but I doubt it
Apparently he IS considering it...

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Well if we want to be as aggressive as Baz claims, Ahmed will come in. Decent batter and a wicket taker.
I don’t think they can do that with Stokes’ knee clearly knackered. If he gets smacked round the park (and Aussies would obviously target him as they did Leech) then you’ve suddenly got 3 bowlers left.

Stumpy Tim

I don’t think they can do that with Stokes’ knee clearly knackered. If he gets smacked round the park (and Aussies would obviously target him as they did Leech) then you’ve suddenly got 3 bowlers left.
Same could be said about any spinner though. Ali's bowling average against the Ozzies is over 60.... I bet they're quaking in their boots. Much better IMO to put an unknown leggie in. I remember when Australia did that and it worked out quite well.

This is the difference between the Australian mentality and ours. We have always tended to play safe, much to our detrimant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here