Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Leach out of the Ashes

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Not good news.

Underrated by many fans, totally rated by Baz, Stokesy and the team. Big loss I feel.

Options would be Rehan Ahmed, Dawson, Moeen (at a pinch) or play seamers and hope Rooty twirls away with some success.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He will be missed, not a bad little bowler, can hold up and end and still attack when conditions/match position suit. Moeen back would be a help to the late order but I don't think he is as good a bowler as leach now.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
He will be missed, not a bad little bowler, can hold up and end and still attack when conditions/match position suit. Moeen back would be a help to the late order but I don't think he is as good a bowler as leach now.
I have doubts about that against the Australians. My concern is that seems to be no proper alternative for an Ashes series. Root faired better down under.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Another void series coming up then?

Seriously, this could be a blessing in disguise as England could now pick all of Anderson, Broad, Robbo and Wood at Edgbaston if Stokes is unfit to bowl.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012

Seriously, this could be a blessing in disguise as England could now pick all of Anderson, Broad, Robbo and Wood at Edgbaston if Stokes is unfit to bowl.
Wood replacing leach would place massive pressure on the other seamers. When did wood last do much bowling? He will bowl three or four over spells. Leach bowled loads of overs so seamers could rotate. Losing leach is huge.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Is Dom Bess any good these days? (was he ever?)

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
There's no perfect answer to this.

My instinct is to play the extra seamer and lean heavily on Root for the spin option... who on his day is passable.

Losing Leach is a massive blow

Reactions: A1X

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

An entire day of tedious medium pacers, boring everyone stupid.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Wood replacing leach would place massive pressure on the other seamers. When did wood last do much bowling? He will bowl three or four over spells. Leach bowled loads of overs so seamers could rotate. Losing leach is huge.
Especially as Stokes seems unlikely to bowl much if at all and we don't want Wood being over bowled, Broad and Anderson are getting on, and Robinson doesn't have great luck with fitness

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here