Jul 7, 2003
Ploptober.

Oct-DOH!-ber.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Shirley an optimist would say:-

Although BHAFC haven't won in October for 4 years, this actual team is still undefeated in said month.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm predicting six points. One win, three draws and one defeat ( Reading ) This may sound negative but I think our form is going to flatten out and we will miss some of our injured and suspended players.

Even with this prediction, it is going to take someone out of 3rd to 7th to get at least 4 wins from 5 to knock us out of the top 2.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Keep the faith.. It's Cardiff next and Zamora always scores against Cardiff...

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
October is the month when the division starts to settle down. Players signed in the transfer window have had a few games to ' bed-in ' and teams are starting to work each other out. Early suspensions and injuries kick-in and squads are tested for the first time. We are following this pattern, with players now starting to miss games and top of the league always means you are there to be shot at.
Interesting to see that we gained exactly three points in October, in each of the last four years. This time round, we have three home games and two away. My feeling is that we will get more than three points this October but by the end of the month will find ourselves somewhere in the top six. I'm predicting six points. One win, three draws and one defeat ( Reading ) This may sound negative but I think our form is going to flatten out and we will miss some of our injured and suspended players.

I agree with all that you've said in the first half of your post and yet it doesn't explain the contrast with November where nothing of note has changed from October and yet we do much better.

It is a freak statistic and one, I suspect, that will soon be consigned to history when we get our next win - in October 2015.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
It's a bit of a rubbish, tedious stat and it will be nice when it disappears. Last October we only lost to Middlesboogie but it seemed amplified because we didn't look like winning until the 22nd century. The year before that we only lost one game.

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
Heard of the law of averages?

WWWWW should get things back on track...

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Interesting stat. Which will doubtless be lifted into other media this week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here