Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LCD Soundsystem Comeback

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
They played the C2 twice I think. I saw them the second time and my wife saw them the first. Second time was 10 years ago on 2nd album I think. This was as big as it got in Brighton for them.

Ok, here comes saddo. As far as I remember they only ever played Brighton 3 times and they were all on or before the release of the first album.

Aug '04 - Concorde (I was there - at the first LCD gig in Brighton etc....)
Feb '05 - Concorde
Dec '05 - Event 2

I saw them 3 more times, twice on Sound of Silver, both at Brixton and then my final time in the tent at Bestival (after 48 hours without sleep and off the back of a bad trip), which I think was their last UK gig. They got progressively better, the last show being one of the best gigs I've ever been at, despite my extreme tiredness and at the time me (quite wrongly) thinking 'This Is Happening' was a bit of a let down.

If they did play Brighton on Sound of Silver I must have been away.

Not that I'm obsessive or anything.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ok, here comes saddo. As far as I remember they only ever played Brighton 3 times and they were all on or before the release of the first album.

Aug '04 - Concorde (I was there - at the first LCD gig in Brighton etc....)
Feb '05 - Concorde
Dec '05 - Event 2

I saw them 3 more times, twice on Sound of Silver, both at Brixton and then my final time in the tent at Bestival (after 48 hours without sleep and off the back of a bad trip), which I think was their last UK gig. They got progressively better, the last show being one of the best gigs I've ever been at, despite my extreme tiredness and at the time me (quite wrongly) thinking 'This Is Happening' was a bit of a let down.

If they did play Brighton on Sound of Silver I must have been away.

Not that I'm obsessive or anything.

Your dates seem right especially the Feb 05 gig which I went to.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I've seen them three times, once at Glastonbury and twice at Brixton on the Sound of Silver tour wouldn't mind a trip abroad this year to see them.

In retrospect I made a poor decision in not seeing them at the Event in 05 I remember it being advertised but decided against.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I've seen them three times, once at Glastonbury and twice at Brixton on the Sound of Silver tour wouldn't mind a trip abroad this year to see them.

In retrospect I made a poor decision in not seeing them at the Event in 05 I remember it being advertised but decided against.

Primavera would be a fantastic festival to see them at.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would put any amount of money you like on them being announced for Primavera.

It's even more nailed on than Glastonbury (which I suspect is pretty nailed on.)

If they play Glastonbury they'll be popping up at numerous festivals on the European summer fezzie circuit I reckon. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for MELT!

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
If they play Glastonbury they'll be popping up at numerous festivals on the European summer fezzie circuit I reckon. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for MELT!

I reckon they'd be a good bet to headline Bestival. I'm living in hope anyway, as that's going to be the biggest festival for me this year.

A 3 or 4 night run at Brixton would suit as well.

ATP LCD Soundsystem (I think that's just a dream I had once.)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm going to say this again. Isn't this the best music news in ages?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here