Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
la-ancient-rome-2.jpg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Maybe. Or perhaps I just know my history better and/or don’t immediately resort to childish insults. Do carry on mind. I recognise it’s easier to only see things in polarised black and white format.

Yet you steadfastly refuse to educate myself and the other ignorant posters on this thread

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
WTF? And who’s defending them? Fascism in Italy, Spain and elsewhere Inc here wasn’t quite the same as Germany. And was established before the latter. Plus it’s not illegal to have right wing views in these countries. Trouble is with all such debates, people quickly take extreme views and this thread is no different. I’m no fan of Mussolini or Franco but neither are in the same league as Hitler and the Nazis and many can’t or don’t want to differentiate. Some I suspect from jottings on here aren’t even aware of their wrong assumptions. Anyway, I see the Lazio fans behaviour as deplorable much as England fans singing IRA songs or setting up mass flagged squares and standing outside pubs in foreign cities. It’s all a bit twatish behaviour really but then football is highly tribal.

It's not illegal to have right-wing views in any European country.

It's a strange argument to say that Mussolini and Franco were not in the same league as Hitler - both were despotic dictators who terrorised and killed their opponents in their thousands, ruled with an iron fist and made life intolerable for many of the population. It's not a league table - they were vicious tyrants in their own right.

Both aligned themselves to Hitler,and shared may of the Nazi ideologies. Franco compiled a list of Spanish Jews and gave it to the Nazis, Mussolini made laws that stripped away Jewish people's rights, and led to confinement. He declared that the Italians were part of the Arayan 'master race'.

Seeing these Lazio fans, who last season unveiled a massive banner in support of Mussolini in Milan, walking through the streets giving a Fascist salute and singing Fascist songs, sickens me. It cannot be dismissed as tribal-football-fan behaviour.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
WTF? And who’s defending them? Fascism in Italy, Spain and elsewhere Inc here wasn’t quite the same as Germany. And was established before the latter. Plus it’s not illegal to have right wing views in these countries. Trouble is with all such debates, people quickly take extreme views and this thread is no different. I’m no fan of Mussolini or Franco but neither are in the same league as Hitler and the Nazis and many can’t or don’t want to differentiate. Some I suspect from jottings on here aren’t even aware of their wrong assumptions. Anyway, I see the Lazio fans behaviour as deplorable much as England fans singing IRA songs or setting up mass flagged squares and standing outside pubs in foreign cities. It’s all a bit twatish behaviour really but then football is highly tribal.

When a lawyer defends a client, they put together dispassionate arguments. They don't have to believe they are right they are just their to make sure their client gets seen in the best possible light.

A while back there was a brilliant video of one of the visiting German team's supporters, singing, jumping and marching through London en masse. They made an almighty racket, and I certainly didn't take offence. Nazi salutes in Glasgow are as you say on a par with English fans singing aggressively, whilst abroad - hardly respectful to the locals.

BTW I haven't taken an extreme view, just pointed out that your dispassionate defence of the Lazio fans (it is nothing to do with Hitler), can be applied in other contexts which you clearly don't like.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
It's not illegal to have right-wing views in any European country.

It's a strange argument to say that Mussolini and Franco were not in the same league as Hitler - both were despotic dictators who terrorised and killed their opponents in their thousands, ruled with an iron fist and made life intolerable for many of the population. It's not a league table - they were vicious tyrants in their own right.

Both aligned themselves to Hitler,and shared may of the Nazi ideologies. Franco compiled a list of Spanish Jews and gave it to the Nazis, Mussolini made laws that stripped away Jewish people's rights, and led to confinement. He declared that the Italians were part of the Arayan 'master race'.

Seeing these Lazio fans, who last season unveiled a massive banner in support of Mussolini in Milan, walking through the streets giving a Fascist salute and singing Fascist songs, sickens me. It cannot be dismissed as tribal-football-fan behaviour.

This

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oh I see, it's their facist culture and background that makes them a bunch of c*nts...

To be fair, lazio has always been known as a fascist team...remember the show of fury from the football world when the Italian footballer/ manager Paulo do canio joined and was pictured doing a Nazi salute.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
To be fair, lazio has always been known as a fascist team...remember the show of fury from the football world when the Italian footballer/ manager Paulo do canio joined and was pictured doing a Nazi salute.

I don't quite get your point...what is there to be fair about? That's roughly the equivalent of:

To be fair, Millwall has always been known for having violent fans, so they are only following their club's tradition when they kick my teeth in...

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Ah, makes it reasonable enough, I suppose.

If you seek to understand then it does, yes. If you want to just call then Nazis, wrongly, and remain ignorant then maybe not.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I don't quite get your point...what is there to be fair about? That's roughly the equivalent of:

To be fair, Millwall has always been known for having violent fans, so they are only following their club's tradition when they kick my teeth in...

You’re missing the point. Which is that you got your opening facts wrong.That’s all, nothing more to it than that. Have a good evening and let’s all enjoy tomorrow’s game. Ciao bella as a Lazio fans would say!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here