Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laying

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
As you all now know, I have recently moved to a new place and I am redecorating it all by myself
(except the boiler :angry: )

More NSC advice needed, this time on vinyl laying. Do i go for tiles or a roll?
:wave:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
yesterday you were an old boiler that needed a good service and today you want laying. When are you going to learn to control yourself virgs:p :lolol:

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
boys boys boys

i am honestly after some flooring advice!! ;)

is it true that only the ends need sticking down and the middle just needs pressing?
and don't tiles look crap if the room isn't exactly square?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
we have vinyl in the bathroom . . . for practicality more than anything, we relaid the floor with ply and I filled all the screw holes to ensure the lino didn't settle and leave loads of bumps and dents . . .its seems to have been worth the little amount of extra effort

went the pukka wooden flooring route down stairs, its worth buying the best you can afford, its generally of a better quality to the extent its also easier to work with and the end result is much better as a consequence, have even manage to rejoin through doorways over the whole grouund floor without having to stop and leave joints at the doors

:clap2:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm afraid all I can suggest Virgirlo is the old feminist joke: a floor is like a man - lay it right the first time and you can walk on it for ever.

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
Brovian said:
I'm afraid all I can suggest Virgirlo is the old feminist joke: a floor is like a man - lay it right the first time and you can walk on it for ever.

:lolol:

i've got a lot of laying to do, so lets hope i get it right first time!! nothing worse than having to redo something!!

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Brovian said:

But get it wrong and it will give you nothing but hassle:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here