Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laurie Cunningham

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Would really love to watch this would anybody be able to upload it?
Reckon it will be on ITV Player sometime soon.

edit: sorry, didn't see NZ location until after I posted, guess ITV Player may be no help :(

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Only watched the first 20 minutes but very good, bit of irony concerning Big Ron and what he did to say the least.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
One of the best football programmes that ITV has done in a long time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought it was pretty sad when he described the injury his team mates gave him in training. Very good programme though!

Disgraceful that a team mate actually caused the main injury in training.

It was a very good program for ITV standards and he was a light years ahead of his time in skill.

Great ambassador as well, inspired many others

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Thanks for that. I really enjoyed the programme. I'd forgotten just how good Laurie Cunningham was. Can't help feeling a bit sorry for Big Ron. With hindsight he was brave to have 3 coloured players in his WBA side. I remember once I saw Sheffied Wednesday thrash The Albion 4:0 at the Goldstone in midweek. I wrote to Big Ron thanking him for a great evenings entertainment. He took the time to write me a personal response on Sheffield Wednesday headed notepaper. I wonder how many Bristol City supporters wrote to our great fuhrer thanking him for a great evenings entertainment on Tuesday?!!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Excellent programme. I was quite shocked at the end as I genuinely didn't know he had died, or how. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here