Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Laurence Fox Loses Libel Case

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
On a similar legal note, I’d love the plaintiffs here to win damages.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-68135904

Reminiscent of rent-a-gob Alex Jones losing his case for lying about Sandy Hook.
The law needs to start holding both individual actors AND the platforms that give them a voice to account.

It’s simply not ok for us to keep allowing X (formerly known as Twitter*) and Facebook to get away with the argument that they are not the publishers of the content.

In the past, platforms like newspapers and TV have been held accountable for content. Social media platforms should be no different.

NSC are quick to clamp down on defamatory statements. We need to see social media platforms stamping out the same statements just as fast.

*this parenthesis should be added at all times, if only to annoy Elon.

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023
A reminder to NSC, should you need it, that accusing someone of something without any proof might just lose you everything.

There's been a disturbing increase in unfounded accusations of noncery on X, most recently with Joey Barton calling Jeremy Vine #BikeNonce repeatedly.

Will it stop here? Seems to be the only tactic the gammon shock jocks have.

Bless ‘em. Says so much about this sort of individual and their intelligence that they very quickly resort to name calling and slander.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Mad.

I was in Oxford nearly eleven years ago on my first date with Mrs T, in a swanky bistro. Lozza was at the bar (this was lunchtime) drinking on his own and fiddling with his phone. Then going out for a fag. Then twitching back to his perch. Like a jilted teenager, or someone trying to refinance a turf account shortfall. Looked unhinged. I was visibly shocked. :ohmy:

As someone who is partial to a lunchtime Peroni and spends most of his spare time trading on Betfair, I fear this could also equally apply to me.

I'm more of a wood pub man though. I wouldn't be seen dead in a swanky bistro unless it had the horse racing on.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Kerching!

The remarks on X, formerly Twitter, came in an exchange about Sainsbury's marking Black History Month

A cause worthy of starting a row over, eventually resulting in losing £180,000. :facepalm:

Still at least now he can only afford to shop in Lidl.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The remarks on X, formerly Twitter, came in an exchange about Sainsbury's marking Black History Month

A cause worthy of starting a row over, eventually resulting in losing £180,000. :facepalm:

Still at least now he can only afford to shop in Lidl.

If he still lives where he was living there is a handy one just up the road.

Stalker ? Nope, if you spend your entire career posting videos it doesn't take long for us Londoners to recognise a street.

And no, I won't be posting it on here. Unlike him, I respect his right to privacy.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Oh yes. This could be genuinely brilliant.

"Join us this week on Mad or Grifter as Katie Hopkins, Joey Barton, Lozza Fox and Neil Oliver undergo electric shock therapy, psycopathic evaluation and a six hour, compulsory Equality, Diversity and Inclusion course run by Dianne Abbot. Can YOU pick out the genuine nut case? Text NUTTER plus their name to 61016*"
Abbot?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here