Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laura Trott

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It always amazes me how many people these days like to watch other people ride bicycles.

I wish I'd taken more notice of our old Postman many years ago who used to cycle about every morning delivering his mail.

He'd be a maga star now in this day and age, we'd all be lining the streets for him grabbing our parcels as he whizzed by.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
It always amazes me how many people these days like to watch other people ride bicycles.

I wish I'd taken more notice of our old Postman many years ago who used to cycle about every morning delivering his mail.

He'd be a maga star now in this day and age, we'd all be lining the streets for him grabbing our parcels as he whizzed by.

Yes, you've nailed it. Cycling isn't a sport because the postman does it.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Bit like Curling, a few folks stayed up until the wee hours a few years ago to watch some stone pushers with brooms screaming at their missiles and sweepers.

Whatever happened to that?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yes, you've nailed it. Cycling isn't a sport because the postman does it.

I dont think I said it wasn't a sport ??? but it is still just people riding bicycles.

I'm can only presume that International Roller booting & Scootering is just around the corner.

in 20 years the King will be Knighting our first Olympic and Tour de Roller Disco champion superstar, you mark my words.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I dont think I said it wasn't a sport ??? but it is still just people riding bicycles.

I'm can only presume that International Roller booting & Scootering is just around the corner.

in 20 years the King will be Knighting our first Olympic and Tour de Roller Disco champion superstar, you mark my words.

You can break any sport down to that simplistic interpretation. My dad used to wonder why I wasted my time watching 22 idiots kick a bag of wind around a field.

Cycling is much, much more than just 'riding bikes'.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Brilliant atmosphere in the Velodrome . I loved it during the Olympics. Nice one Stat Brother.

I was lucky enough to have tickets for the Team Sprint day in the Velodrome at the Olympics - when Sir Chris Hoy crossed the line to win the Gold for GB at the end of the session the noise was absolutely incredible.

He said in his autobiography that he didn't even need to look at the scoreboard to know that he'd won, such was the reaction.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

:fishing: or :dunce:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You can break any sport down to that simplistic interpretation. My dad used to wonder why I wasted my time watching 22 idiots kick a bag of wind around a field.

Cycling is much, much more than just 'riding bikes'.
I don't know what all the fuss is about Usian Bolt...

...It's just quick walking, and I see my postman walking.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Laura+Trott+eWRyz8l2-ZSm.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here