Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Laura Lynch - RIP

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Laura Lynch, a founding member of the US country music band the Dixie Chicks, has died in a car crash. She was 65.

Sad news, may she RIP.
Definitely RIP. 65 is too young for anybody. But as a big fan of The Chicks, with all their albums, I'm surprised I've never heard of her. Time to hit Google.

Edit: looks like I have all their albums from Wide Open Spaces, their first after Laura's departure. Who knew - well probably Frutos.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
RIP

A band I’ve often read about as opposed to listened to.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Indeed. Sad, RIP

Shocked to read that they changed their name to Chicks because of slavery connotations to Dixie. The world is seriously mad
I can understand why they wanted to make this change. I have read that even Pantera have re-assessed their use of the confederate flag.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I can understand why they wanted to make this change. I have read that even Pantera have re-assessed their use of the confederate flag.
I know you are German :wink: and probably don’t like rugby but I guess you understand and agree with the powers that be trying to get England fans to stop singing “Swing Low Sweet Chariot”

Luckily there is no chance of this happening :thumbsup:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
At the risk of following the conversation off topic, Lady Antebellum changed their name to Lady A. The problem was that there was already a black music artist who went by that name.

Not really familiar with Laura, or her time with the Chicks, other than that it happened. I've only known (and thoroughly enjoyed) their music since Natalie Maines joined.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
What "powers that be"?

Or have you just made that up?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know you are German :wink: and probably don’t like rugby but I guess you understand and agree with the powers that be trying to get England fans to stop singing “Swing Low Sweet Chariot”

Luckily there is no chance of this happening :thumbsup:
I said I understand it, not that I necessarily agree with it. Further, the band which is no stranger to political discussion, seemingly made the decision themselves. This is quite different to what you’re suggesting. I don’t like rugby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here