Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Late charge saved Hart

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
No doubt he would have been a gonner had it not been for his performances towards the end of the season. Interesting that Slade says he has literally just gone on what he himself has seen, could explain the lack of sentiment in renewals. Must make Fraser and Loft even more gutted.

Russell Slade has revealed Gary Hart clinched a new deal at Albion because of his storming end to the campaign.

Hart and Andrew Whing are the only out-of-contract players being given the chance to stay at Withdean.

Slade saw Hart go on a run of goalscoring for the reserves before throwing him into the first team for the run-in.

The Seagulls boss said: “I can only go on what I saw.

“Obviously I saw him in the reserves and saw what he did over the last few weeks in the first team.

“As for Andrew Whing, he put in some very determined performances and he is a whole hearted guy.

“He’s an absolute winner and we want to keep him.”

Hart is expected to be offered a one-year deal while Whing could expect longer.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Played with determination and put himself right in the managers face, couldn't be ignored.
That a lesson for other players to learn.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I was surprised that Fraser and Loft were released. They weren't that good (maybe on their day, sometimes) and they weren't that bad (but sometimes woeful) they were often ineffectual if not anonymous. So that makes the decision to release them all the more sound. It takes a strong manager to say "we won't have make weights, we won't have 'ok', we won't have 'can fill a hole'". It's a shame for the players but very promising for the Albion to have a manager who can make decisions and with clarity of thought.

So keeping OGH makes sense in that context. A player that has skill, that can actually influence the outcome of a game who causes other players to have better games. No account of history, no favours, just sound decision making from a man building a solid squad.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd give Hart a six month contract. I suspect he is at his best under a bit of contract pressure.

Think you're wrong I've never seen him give less than 100%. Got to be worth a year unless we're signing more strikers. Murray is a bit suspect injury wise and all the others apart from the unproven but potentially good Davies are at an age when a long run of games seems unlikely. We're likely to need all the strikers we've got at the moment even if Owusu signs.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I have my suspicions about Owusu, Dick Knight likes to tell you how long your contract will be for, not the other way round.:nono:

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Hellfire! For a moment I read that as "a gooner",and thought the club was in for a few bob.

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
The Gary Hart we saw over the last few weeks of the season was the best we have seen out of him since he broke his leg. He himself said that he hasnt felt this good after all the knee probs he has had over the last couple of years. The last operation seems to have solved that & given us back the harty of old.

I say well done Harty & i cant WAIT to see you perform at the same level next season

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oz is a joke leagure tho', surely...

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Never watched the aussie league, but the money will probably be better and adelaide are in the Asian Cup.
To be honest I think there is only one result from this

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My main worry about Owusu was his saying that he looks after himself by only starting training on Thursday for a match on Saturday! Obviously that isnt a worry for RS so hopefully he will sign. He has certainly given every hint that staying here is his preferred option.

Captain Pugwash

Paul Kitson
Oct 27, 2003
brighton
We've had many players only doing one day's training then playing on the saturday; I remember Simon Morgan couldn't play midweek games nearing the end of the season.

I think Owusu will sign, mainly as he has taken to the fans and the fans have taken to him, however it is a chance for him the play their version of champions league football and he isn'y oing to get to many of them!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here