Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

last year for the proper number 9{ ogh)

summer

Apr 11, 2007
last year for hart i think.. watched the game yesterday standing behind he dug out where mr wilkings was.. not a good word to say about him even though this was his first game apart from 13 mins the other day. no one has said anything about the 6 or 7 great balls he put in the box that no one got on the end of.. just think he is being driven out of the club by a man that should be a coach not a manager... how meny more will he force out.. :rant::bigwave: . if he walks away at the end of the season i hope us fans remember what he has done for this club... would like him on our team not playing against us as it is looking like at the moment ... ogh fan club...:clap:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Number Two:I am Number Two
McGoohan: Who is Number One?
Number Two: YOU, are Number Six
McGoohan: Who run's this place? Who is Number One?
Number Two: YOU, are Number Six

(nb or was it "YOU are Number Six" ????)

Frank Inkerman

Veteran of the Crimea
Wilkins is not forcing him out, he's been poor for three or four seasons now

He's not been the same since he broke his leg at Peterborough but I think that "poor" is harsh. I think that he made a very good job of playing Right Back - not something that I would have put money on. OGH is exactly the sort of player that a club like us has needed over the last few seasons, 100% effort all the time and prepared to play where he's asked to for the sake of the team - you won't see him doing "a Dyer" cos he's asked to play "out of position" (ok, go on then - say he's lucky to be asked to play at all!)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
None of what summer has said surprises me, sadly.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Why do we always tend to keep players when they are past their best? It doesn't do them or us any favours.

:nono:

summer

Apr 11, 2007
at least we can give him a good sending off at the end of the season when he plays his testo game.. and thank him for what he has done:clap::albion2:

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yeah - let's get rid of them and use someone from the long line of better players who are desperate to sign for us for no transfer fee and relatively low wages, you know it makes sense.

I'd prefer to see one of our youth teamers playing than OGH. He's not the same player since he was injured. Sad, I know, but true nonetheless. Oatway and Mayo should also have gone at the end of last season.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

1066gull

As much as I love OGH, he isn't good enough for the Football League, as does Mayo and Oatway.

We have to move on.

1066gull

Because you are so familiar with League 2 football aren't you Adrie:rolleyes:
Yeh, I watch out for it by news articles and see highlights and occasional matches on Sky when I get the chance i.e. babysitting. Got a problem with that?

Mayo maybe good enough. Don't think Oatway maybe, but I will love him to prove me wrong if he turns out to be a revelation this season.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Yeh, I watch out for it by news articles and see highlights and occasional matches on Sky when I get the chance i.e. babysitting. Got a problem with that?

Mayo maybe good enough. Don't think Oatway maybe, but I will love him to prove me wrong if he turns out to be a revelation this season.
Mayo was the runner up to Player of the year in the Championship under Coppell. Gary Hart also played regularly in the Championship 3 years after breaking his leg.

1066gull

Mayo was the runner up to Player of the year in the Championship under Coppell. Gary Hart also played regularly in the Championship 3 years after breaking his leg.

Frutos was a regular in the Championship and struggled big time in a young squad, and now has left. Again, certain rules seem to apply different to certain players if they've been here for a certain length of time.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate

Not a problem with that - but i think it hard to claim a player in his tenth year at the club isn't of football league standard, just because you've read a few newspaper clippings!
He is probably only a 'stand by' player nowadays, but he can definitely still do a job, even if it is fairly limited!

1066gull

Adrie (not a dig), but have you actually seen Oatway play?
Yeh. He was immense against Hull. Lacklustre against Derby, but the whole team were and unlucky against QPR if I can remember correctly.

Oh, and Reading was poor. And I can't remeber the Palace game to much as I didn't take in the match.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here