Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last Saturday Diego Poyet

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
when his name was announced just before kick-off there, I heard a bit of half-hearted booing which sounded ironic and tongue-in-cheek to me. Hardly something to get indignant about. At best mildly amusing; at worst a bit silly

I heard booing when the teams were announced, but as you said, it was half hearted and only came from one section of the north stand. There wasn't any booing during the game.
It is stupid to boo someone because of their name, rather than anything they've done themselves. I wasn't outraged (perhaps I should have been?) but I did think 'idiots' when I heard it.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Baz, on the thread about clapping away fans you write this:

'Makes my blood boil watching people clap the away fans absolutely PATHETIC'

Seeing as you clearly don't like the clapping of away fans, it seems a bit contradictory to get your knickers in a twist over a bit of panto booing that most people didn't even notice.

This makes absolutely no sense what you have written ! What's contradictory about it ??? CONTRADICTORY = Mutually Opposed

I thought it was bad to boo a young lad just because his Father is Gus. (and yes some did in the North stand) if your sitting else where you may not have heard it.

What has that got to do with myself and quite a lot of others not clapping away fans attendances or not liking it when people do ?

Two entirely different things all together.

I think what your trying to imply or say is that you thinks im wrong to oppose clapping of away fans but should be quiet about booing a young lad because of his father ! Hence your statemnet makes no sense

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
I just found it really odd that a few Albion fans wanted to boo the lad and shout out wanker and stuff like that because of his father !
twe all have our opinions thats miine i thought it was ridiculous.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011
I heard booing when the teams were announced, but as you said, it was half hearted and only came from one section of the north stand. There wasn't any booing during the game.
It is stupid to boo someone because of their name, rather than anything they've done themselves. I wasn't outraged (perhaps I should have been?) but I did think 'idiots' when I heard it.

Put better than i i first put it matey but this yes

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I meant to bring this up last week but forgot.
Whoever in our fans booed the kid you are twats of the highest order.
Just because you dont like his father (although i dont know why ) you boo a young lad because of that.
Pathetic, sad and childish at best.
Your wronguns all of you.:wanker:

Never mind not booing Diego, I would never boo his father if/when he ever returned to the Amex either. I know it all turned sour for him here in the end, but hey, that's part and parcel of football. He still did so much for this club during his time here.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I just found it really odd that a few Albion fans wanted to boo the lad and shout out wanker and stuff like that because of his father !
twe all have our opinions thats miine i thought it was ridiculous.

Heard a few boos when his name was announced, but that was it. Its just a bit of pantomime, try not to take it so seriously.

Phat Baz 68

Apr 16, 2011

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Is that what you normally do ? If it works let me know and i will try it next time :tantrum:

No, I post a thread on NSC when people do something I don't like, acting all holier than thou, then use the 'tantrum' emoji to anyone who doesn't back me up, despite the fact that it's obviously me that's throwing the tantrum.

You should try it sometime.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here