Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last Night's Results

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
West Ham's hiding at Portman Road shows yet again how much of a lottery this division is, who would have dreamed that Ipswich would have got a point let alone maul West Ham ? Southampton and Cardiff cancelled each other out nicely. Birmingham are now starting to look like the force that they were expected to be which is remarkable considering how many players they've lost sine last May. It's looking ever more gloomy for Forest and Coventry and poor as Millwall look to be I can't see a Sharpless Donny surviving.

Sharp's arrival should give Saints the boost they need to find some consistency and West Ham with their new signings should recover quickly from last night. I see them as the two automatic promotion spots. Play offs ? Looking like Cardiff (even without a decent winger) and Birmingham. As for the other two spots one could be ours with our beefed up defence. A lot will depend on how well CMS and Vokes gel in the remaining fixtures though.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
West Ham will make it I reckon, but Birmingham and Cardiff are hot on the heels of the Saints now, and Southampton have Birmingham (A) and West Ham (A) as 2 of their next 3 games. Could be very interesting...

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
West Ham's hiding at Portman Road shows yet again how much of a lottery this division is, who would have dreamed that Ipswich would have got a point let alone maul West Ham ? Southampton and Cardiff cancelled each other out nicely. Birmingham are now starting to look like the force that they were expected to be which is remarkable considering how many players they've lost sine last May. It's looking ever more gloomy for Forest and Coventry and poor as Millwall look to be I can't see a Sharpless Donny surviving.

Sharp's arrival should give Saints the boost they need to find some consistency and West Ham with their new signings should recover quickly from last night. I see them as the two automatic promotion spots. Play offs ? Looking like Cardiff (even without a decent winger) and Birmingham. As for the other two spots one could be ours with our beefed up defence. A lot will depend on how well CMS and Vokes gel in the remaining fixtures though.

I keep saying it, but anyone that CAN put together a good run of results can get automatic. There's still 54 points to play for.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think it show what a lottery Ipswich Town are.

It must be weird being an Ipswich fan having ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA how things might pan out in the next game.

Or even in the second half of any game.

If Ipswich get a better manager in they'd be right up there. The wages they must be paying to some of their players is pretty ridiculous. Warnock maybe?

paulie

Jul 27, 2004

I was thinking that this morning. Anyone could get the other 2 spots (I still think WHU will get one).

So the likes of BHA, Brum, Blackpool, Hull etc could come through. We're only 7 pts off, but there are 10 clubs between us and 6th - all of which appear to be in better form that us. I'm still looking down rather than up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I keep saying it, but anyone that CAN put together a good run of results can get automatic. There's still 54 points to play for.
I agree, and that includes us. We're only 9 points away from second, are playing well, and have had an excellent transfer window.

Birmingham are looking more like the real deal than Southampton, West Ham or Cardiff at the moment, but things can change quickly. If they lose a couple of games, they'll seem like also-rans again.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
West Ham are useless. Some joker defenders.

Can see Birmingham winning the league, quality manager, and a very good first 11. Cardiff are not good enough, no pace in their side. Reading could make a top 2 push too.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I was thinking that this morning. Anyone could get the other 2 spots (I still think WHU will get one).

So the likes of BHA, Brum, Blackpool, Hull etc could come through. We're only 7 pts off, but there are 10 clubs between us and 6th - all of which appear to be in better form that us. I'm still looking down rather than up.
Christ you got me worried there, I thought we'd slumped down the table. Our form is fantastic and there are four clubs between us and sixth.

On a side note; what the hell have the BBC done to their football page? It hurts my eyes!

Edit: ah, you're a palace fan.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Don't think the saints will win automatic promotion... They will get to the play offs... West Ham will win it.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I think the top six are likely to include Cardiff, Southampton, West Ham and Birmingham.

Reading are also looking strong.

I put us in with the bunch fighting to join this group.

But it is still tight, and anyone could yet drop out of contention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here