Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last nights referee - rush of blood ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The way he waited ages to give even the free kick (after Racon's cheating antics) let alone the card just showed how influenced he could be...

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
0,,10267~9293778,00.jpg

Does he have detachable arms? Weird.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Rush of blood from everyone imo. Players and officials all chomping at the bit after having not played/officiated in weeks due to the weather. Like letting a load of caged-up pitbulls lose. Only explanation I can give for Calderon (probably the best full-back in the division) doing what he did. As others have said, thought the penalty and red card were the only things the ref got right. From then on you should have had loads of free kicks/yellows from our lot pushing you (God knows why we did, we're not normally a physical side, and with a man advantage shouldn't have needed to - presumably just a bit too much "up for it" the same way Calde was, after such a long gap without games) but conversly Bridcutt should have probably gone (rather than just been yellowed) towards the end of the first half. Thought the ref had a reasonable handle on the second half though. Happy with a draw, although I would have preferred 2-2 or 3-3 as I had fivers on them (at 18-1 and 85-1 respectively). To be fair, I thought it was going to be a dreary defensive game after 5 mins, what with with you being down to ten and our most creative player (Anyinsah, who was the main thrust of our resurgence since you 0-4ed us) hobbling off in the second minute, so was pleasantly surprised how end-to-end it was. Whatever. We're still second (assuming even average points from our games in hand on the Yorkshires). And we're about to be bought by gabillionaires, fingers crossed, so hopefully can be reasonably competitive in the January transfer window (in the way you, Hudd, Wednesday and Saints clearly will be). In summary: Meh, with a side order of yeh. *nods*

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Rush of blood from everyone imo. Players and officials all chomping at the bit after having not played/officiated in weeks due to the weather. Like letting a load of caged-up pitbulls lose. Only explanation I can give for Calderon (probably the best full-back in the division) doing what he did. As others have said, thought the penalty and red card were the only things the ref got right. From then on you should have had loads of free kicks/yellows from our lot pushing you (God knows why we did, we're not normally a physical side, and with a man advantage shouldn't have needed to - presumably just a bit too much "up for it" the same way Calde was, after such a long gap without games) but conversly Bridcutt should have probably gone (rather than just been yellowed) towards the end of the first half. Thought the ref had a reasonable handle on the second half though. Happy with a draw, although I would have preferred 2-2 or 3-3 as I had fivers on them (at 18-1 and 85-1 respectively). To be fair, I thought it was going to be a dreary defensive game after 5 mins, what with with you being down to ten and our most creative player (Anyinsah, who was the main thrust of our resurgence since you 0-4ed us) hobbling off in the second minute, so was pleasantly surprised how end-to-end it was. Whatever. We're still second (assuming even average points from our games in hand on the Yorkshires). And we're about to be bought by gabillionaires, fingers crossed, so hopefully can be reasonably competitive in the January transfer window (in the way you, Hudd, Wednesday and Saints clearly will be). In summary: Meh, with a side order of yeh. *nods*

A fair assessment, and well done on your thread last night :laugh: . Good luck with the rest of the season.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
A fair assessment, and well done on your thread last night :laugh: . Good luck with the rest of the season.

Cheers. I'm expecting you to walk the title, think it may well (in these money-oriented times) be down to who of the chasing pack has the deepest pockets for January acquisitions as to who gets second. Although having said that, I'm still hoping you get a points deduction for last night's programme cover ;)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cheers. I'm expecting you to walk the title, think it may well (in these money-oriented times) be down to who of the chasing pack has the deepest pockets for January acquisitions as to who gets second. Although having said that, I'm still hoping you get a points deduction for last night's programme cover ;)

Yeah and several people actually believed that little rant as well :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here