Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Last night I cheated death

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
At around 6pm last night, by Penland Road in Haywards Heath, my car overturned twice and by some miracle I only suffered minor injuries. I keep having flashbacks and panic attacks caused by it. I really thought my number was up and ready to meet my maker. I could smell burning and it was only with the help of medical teams, that I was able to get out, as my foot was trapped. I was hysterical as I thought my car was going to explode.

I got taken to the Royal Sussex County hospital and was discharged very late last night. There's a picture on the Sussex Roads twitter page of the upturned vehicle.

I'm still very shaken up. Just those extra few seconds in a situation like that with an oncoming vehicle can be the difference between surviving and dying.

Has anyone else completely written off their car or had such a scary experience on the roads? Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

All the best.

Durlston.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
It happened to my cousin. His car was crushed under an articulated lorry. You really wouldn't believe how he got out alive if you saw the state of it.

Edit: Look at this:

Attachments

• 311928722_10158627933576599_7877272162694074835_n.jpg
    311928722_10158627933576599_7877272162694074835_n.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 194

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Not as bad as that, but skidding on early morning ice on the Shoreham flyover, hitting the curb destroying 2 tyres and careering from lane to lane while fighting to control the car wasn't pleasant.

Luckily the other cars avoided me.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It happened to my cousin. His car was crushed under an articulated lorry. You really wouldn't believe how he got out alive if you saw the state of it.

Edit: Look at this:
Hell’s Bells!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Glad you're still with us. Flashbacks are a pain and it took me a couple of years to stop revisiting one of my accidents even though it was minor compared to yours. I claimed for personal injury with whiplash issues and was bluntly told they aren't flashbacks! Anyhoo, tell your GP and seek help. For my part, whenever I need to distract my mind, I mentally relive the last Albion performance. Works for me.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Well wishes to you and a speedy recovery. Don't wait too long to get back behind the wheel, put those demons to bed.

Was it on the Balcombe road? By Penland road would be a 30mph into Haywards Heath, did you hit the verge or something?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
At around 6pm last night, by Penland Road in Haywards Heath, my car overturned twice and by some miracle I only suffered minor injuries. I keep having flashbacks and panic attacks caused by it. I really thought my number was up and ready to meet my maker. I could smell burning and it was only with the help of medical teams, that I was able to get out, as my foot was trapped. I was hysterical as I thought my car was going to explode.

I got taken to the Royal Sussex County hospital and was discharged very late last night. There's a picture on the Sussex Roads twitter page of the upturned vehicle.

I'm still very shaken up. Just those extra few seconds in a situation like that with an oncoming vehicle can be the difference between surviving and dying.

Has anyone else completely written off their car or had such a scary experience on the roads? Feel free to PM me if you prefer.

All the best.

Durlston.
Even with this news, it's good to have you back on NSC mate.

Check your PM folder! ;)

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Woah! Bloody hell. Glad you made it out alive. I hope the flashbacks and panic subside. Do speak to someone or see your GP if they persist.

All the best
Thanks mate. I know we disagreed before Christmas but your (and everyone's) good wishes mean so much at the moment. 😭

I'm emotionally a wreck (like the car) today. I'm going to fear having nightmares for a while about the trauma.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Great that you're OK, but what the f*** were you doing to roll a car twice here (just a few metres down the road from Harlands Primary School):

View attachment 156770
That was my cousin's house on the left, but I agree to flip a car twice there WOW!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here