Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last Minute Holidays

porkdog

May 9, 2008
by the sea
Has anyone ever booked one? me and the other half are looking to go the frist week of June but were going to leave it until the day before we go to book it, is this risky or can you get a better bargain? we dont care on our destination as long as it hotter than here and have been told that leaving too late may become a risk

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Yeh, i always do last minute deals. Just go on Thomas Cook site a couple of days before you want to go to get the best bargains. Canaries and Turkey are always the best value for all inclusive.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
sometimes go into thomas cook and see if they will beat the price they need your business plus mention bha for an extra 5% offf always worth trying these things

scooter1

How soon is now?
We've done a few last minute, allocation on arrival holidays. One good, one bad and two excellent. So I guess thats a pretty good hit rate. As mentioned above, the Canary islands is usually the best bet - both our excellents were Tenerife, bad was Rhodes(if thats of any use)

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
My record stands at deciding to go [in the pub] on Sunday, booking it on Monday, Flying on Wednesday.

Not much in the way of a bargain (depends very much on how desparate they are to sell more tickets), but easy to do.

Be careful where you go, places like US and Canada take a *very* keen interest you as to arrive when you have booked at the last minute. UK customs like to stop you when you return from S.America/Carribean etc when its been a sort notice booking.

Stay within Europe and its fine.

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
Have used Thompson late deals a few times,had 2 weeks fully inclusive in Dominican Republic for £700---£800 and went to Mexico for a bit more,well worth it,Egypt late deals these days a crazy prices,you can get 2 weeks fully inclusive for £500--£600,so for a week i would say around the £400 mark is possible

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'd probably not leave it right last minute if you really do want to go, but usually 2-3 weeks before you can get some cracking deals.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Yeh, i always do last minute deals. Just go on Thomas Cook site a couple of days before you want to go to get the best bargains. Canaries and Turkey are always the best value for all inclusive.

100% spot on. I also always do last minute. Thomas Cook all-in is the best deal. However, just out of personal choice, I'd go with any Canaries OR Majorca (Mallorca) instead of Turkey.

I went on holiday 14 days ago for a week, booked 48 hours before, 7 nights, all in, Gran Canaria. Flights, Accom & Transfers were 250 each (2 people sharing) 3-4* hotel.

Going again mid June for 5 nights Majorca, all in, 3* for 195, flights, accom & transfers. (This time with Teletext).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here