Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last Goal At Goldstone Signed Prints for sale

stewart weir

Dec 14, 2006
Value

£75 on a run of 500 is way way too much

I'd say £25 max

Who are you exactly to judge? Do you work for a company or are you self employed? I suspect your a company man. If i never bothered to take the photo and if i never bothered to get them signed and if i never bothered to give the supporters club any prints then you never would have bothered posting this garbage.

A £100k is way to much to buy a car but people do because they appreciate its attributes. People pay £100 for a meal out then shit it out the next day. Your illogical! None of your business if what im asking. If you bought a print for £10 and think thats to much then it goes to show how much you value the evnt it shows together with the men who helped make it happen.

And yes i do have bills like everyone here. It just so happens its my business to sell my work.. No coincidence then im selling these prints really is it?

Im happy t sell the prints to those who are real supporters. And so what if i make money? You pay how much for a pie and tea at a match? Do you moan at the supplier?

Stewart Weir

http://www.23fotos.com

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Can I just say that you don't seem to be doing yourself any favours?

The prints have been sold at a cheap price and that is finalised. What's done is done.

Mr Carder does an exceptional job for the historical society.

I may have paid more for my copy, but I wouldn't have paid £60+ for a photo.

Plus, I don't think anyone of the purchasers are going to look to make a quick buck on their pictures (there might be the odd one). I am self-employed and work had dried up completely. I am probably going to have to sign on, but I would never sell my copy... not in a million years and I would imagine that means I am an acceptable holder of the picture. A brilliant photo that sums up the years of heartache and turmoil that we had to endure.

You might think that the BACHS have lost out of £5k, but that is entirely up to them, no?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Any item is only worth what people will pay for it. If £75 is too much then the prints won't sell. It's as simple as that. Maybe they will become collectors items in the future but for now, they don't seem like good value.

stewart weir

Dec 14, 2006
well.. yes

Can I just say that you don't seem to be doing yourself any favours?

Im just standing my ground..

The prints have been sold at a cheap price and that is finalised. What's done is done.

Yes i agree

Mr Carder does an exceptional job for the historical society.

Absolutely i agree

I may have paid more for my copy, but I wouldn't have paid £60+ for a photo.

Value is in the eye of the beholder and choice maker

Plus, I don't think anyone of the purchasers are going to look to make a quick buck on their pictures (there might be the odd one). I am self-employed and work had dried up completely. I am probably going to have to sign on, but I would never sell my copy... not in a million years and I would imagine that means I am an acceptable holder of the picture. A brilliant photo that sums up the years of heartache and turmoil that we had to endure.

You might think that the BACHS have lost out of £5k, but that is entirely up to them, no?

Totally agree.. But its annoying hat they are so dumb..

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I can only assume Bozza is getting a few quid towards the NSC coffers too, what with all this advertising?

I've checked my emails and PMs and I can't find anything asking if it was OK to advertise on here.

I'll check again, I can only assume I missed it somehow...

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
Couple of things...

Tim Carder and the Historical Society do a fantastic job with limited resources, so calling them "dumb" and "stupid" really doesn't help your cause.

"Im happy t sell the prints to those who are real supporters." - idiot. Why would anyone who wasn't a 'real supporter' want a print of a Brighton goal?

Someone else logged on here the other week trying to rip Brighton fans off by charging them to join a forum - is this another scam by the same person?

stewart weir

Dec 14, 2006
I seem to have upset some people. Just to put something straight. When i approached Tim Carder i said i wanted to give 100 Last Goal prints to the historical society etc so they could sell direct to their member and the supporters club members. He has a list so it would be easier for him to put an announcement in the newsletter or even email. I explained that the price is £75 and stated quite clearly that 'they' have the potential to raise around £7500 to go towards a new club museum or even to buy Albion items of historical interest to bring into the society etc. I did expect them to reduce the price slight but that was up to them to decide on. Tim carder knew very well the prints were in the club shop at that time and were selling for £75.

The reason why i gave them was because i was leaving the UK to go traveling etc.

I understand some people saying £75 is to much when maybe they got theirs for £10 and in fact they have all been sold now by Tim so maybe that proves the point that they were to cheap?

Open edition photos go for £100s.. limited editions can go for hundreds of thousands and even millions. It depends on many things what the valuation of a print is.

Apologies if i have upset people or if people think im wrong to ask the price i am. I think the price is fair bearing in mind the signatures and the event the image depicts. Its a personal choice and opinion of the value of anything. The print is the cost of a good meal out for 2.. Hardly a fortune.

The fact is that the supporters club made a mistake by reducing the price.. and in turn reduced their potential windfall which is what im most upset about. Yes the supporters club and historical society do a wonderful job. BUT they made an error and im putting the record straight from my point of view.. my opinion. Just because someone does a great job doesnt make them immune from criticism does it? I never had to give the supporters club the 100 prints but i chose to because im a fan. I also gave the club 950 copies of the More Than Ninety Minute books which made an additional income of nearly £20,000 and thats not even including the books they sold with a better discount than all the other shops that was selling MTNM, so please dont think im doing this just for money.

I have an archive of around 5000 images which at some point in the future i will create an online print buying archive and will be at a 'normal' cost as they wont be limited editions or signed. Ive approached the club to offer this through them but have heard nothing.

Stewart Weir

http://www.23fotos.com

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I've checked my emails and PMs and I can't find anything asking if it was OK to advertise on here.

I'll check again, I can only assume I missed it somehow...

Seems a fairly commercial fellow, I'm sure he will have written to you. Surely he wouldn't simply start advertising he product without having the manners to speak to the site owners? Worth checking again surely?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
My last goal limited edition is framed and on my wall.It is an excellent piece of work,and I was surprised to get it at the price I did.

This is Mr Weir's job,and he has done it well.

The problem is,I think,that there was a limited client group at £75,and people would not pay that price,probably not realising its potential value.I paid a tenner,not for investment,but because it was offered to me at that price and it was a good print of an incredible moment.I could not then,nor could I now ,afford £75,so I consider myself lucky to have been offered this deal.

But slagging off the bloke who made it possible ?

Strewth !

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Don't forget me, Stewart!

Last edited:

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
For fcuks sake. some of you lot would argue with yourselves alone on a deserted beech just because you could. if you dont like the price dont pay it, dont slag the bloke off just because he isn't giving them all away to the needy and unwashed. get a life

Last edited:

1066 seagull

Sep 25, 2008
Brighton
I, like many on here have the More Than Ninety Minutes book. It captures the defining moments of a club in total crisis... but also of a grass roots supporters campaign that was exceptional in its creativity and determination. For that fact alone Mr Weir should be celebrated for capturing the essence of it all on film.
Now the guy is offering signed prints for sale at £75. Yes, probably priced too high but is that enough justification to berate the guy? I think not.
The culture of this forum allows for personal attacks to be aired freely, that's simply part of the ebb and flow of North Stand Chat banter. But this just all seems to be a bit too, what's the phrase...'personal'.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
For fcuks sake. some of you lot would argue with yourselves alone on a deserted beech just because you could. if you dont like the price dont pay it, dont slag the bloke off just because he isn't giving them all away to the needy and unwashed. get a life

too right Surrey, Stewart's book is priceless, I'll certainly never sell mine. Better than BAB in my opinion, it captured the wars years perfectly, a time too many now forget. Paul Samarah's illness is a timely reminder that a lot of guys like these did an awful lot to save our club. I also think these prints, signed etc are an amazing piece of history to get your hands on. And if you don't want one, then you don't have to purchase one. Simple. Like so many on this chat-site.....So I say go f*** yourself to all those having a pop at Mr Weir. You really are a bunch of sanctimonious *$£%£%" And as for people getting all precious about selling on NSC, please, he's hardly the first to draw attention to an albion related product on here is he.....?!?! Goons. :dunce:

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
too right Surrey, Stewart's book is priceless, I'll certainly never sell mine. Better than BAB in my opinion, it captured the wars years perfectly, a time too many now forget. Paul Samarah's illness is a timely reminder that a lot of guys like these did an awful lot to save our club. I also think these prints, signed etc are an amazing piece of history to get your hands on. And if you don't want one, then you don't have to purchase one. Simple. Like so many on this chat-site.....So I say go f*** yourself to all those having a pop at Mr Weir. You really are a bunch of sanctimonious *$£%£%" And as for people getting all precious about selling on NSC, please, he's hardly the first to draw attention to an albion related product on here is he.....?!?! Goons. :dunce:

Well said.
Stewart was there with the rest of US, recording, in his way, the shite that befell us. MTNM is an absolutely priceless item in the history of our club. Along with BAB, and probably Vinicombes books.
At a time when our dreams are about to be answered in the shape of Falmer, this is no time, if ever, to start slagging off somebody who took the time and effort to record for future generations.
LEST WE FORGET
I can remember being happy seeing Stewart at nearly every game, photographing not the usual press 'back page' stuff, but behind the scenes images. The Fans,The protests, the players off guard etc. You only get one chance of images like that, and he got them.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
I paid £75 for print number 16 i think it is at least 3 years ago now, ok id have rather got it for a tenner but compared to some limited edition sporting pics thats not really too bad.....as others have said if you think its too much then dont buy it, no ones forcing anyone to buy it. Also theres 3 copies of More Than Ninety Minutes on Amazon...one selling for £95!!!!!......what was the original price of it???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here