Last 8 games

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Can't see Wigan or Millwall getting another 10 points, One more win and you guys will be safe.
I agree with you; although, with our very good GD, one more win means Wigan would need to get 12 points from their last 8, which is very unlikely.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just 5 days now until the Norwich match.

3 points for the albion and slip ups for Wigan and Millwall will bring the mathematical survival target down to 6 points.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I agree with you; although, with our very good GD, one more win means Wigan would need to get 12 points from their last 8, which is very unlikely.

I expect 49 pts to show a sign of improvement and to be safe. Wigan could escape with a record mimicking Sunderland last season or how Wigan finished last season.

I don't think they will, but they could*. I think we are track for 49 pts with getting 4 pts out of our games with Norwich, Bournemouth and Watford. We still have Huddersfield at home in case we slip up.

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/brighton-and-hove-albion *Highly unlikely.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Championship Predictor
http://www.thefishy.co.uk/calc.php

I reckon 47 pts should be enough

With that predictor I reckon we already have enough, but as relegation would be such a massive disaster, I still think we should aim for the magic 50 points until avoidance is confirmed. As of today the mathematical target is 57 points.

As long as we avoid 2 defeats over Easter, and beat Bournemouth or Huddersfield in the 2 following home games, then we'll pretty much be there.

Easter defeats for Wigan against Middlesbrough and Derby ( even if only by a poor goal ) would help.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We only have to match the results of Millwall and Wigan now. Even if we don't quite manage that (and I think we will) they've still got Rotherham and Fulham they can catch, more easily than they can catch us.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We are in relegation trouble now for sure.

10 points from MATHEMATICAL safety, but with certain defeats looming against Middlesbrough, Bournemouth and Watford.

2 wins required from the matches against Rotherham, Huddersfield, and Wigan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports