Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Laser Zone on West Street

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Used to love the one in Worthing down the side of Blockbuster (?) years ago. WELL atmospheric. Had a burnt out shell of a car in the bottom bit and a smoke machine and sticky floors and everything.

I remember that, Quazer wasn't it called? There was another one near the King Alfred Centre in Hove I swear I remember going to once before. It's the kiddies' version of paintball, and I remember acting all well-hard like I was in the SAS, taking it seriously but ending up getting shot up the most.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I went there with a friend, and as we went in we were told if we wanted, when we finished our session, if we paid an extra 50p, we could get an annual membership. My friend asked how long that lasted.

And how long was it?

Oct 25, 2003
i've heard a rumour that the one at the king alfred is still intact (along with the bowling alley)

and if you go in there now you can hear the GHOSTS playing

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Had my Daughters Birthday party there in January. It was a bargain at £100. There was 8 kids, they got 3 games and a meal each and Party bags. It took well over 2 hours and I just sat there while the Laser team took care of the kids.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Had my Daughters Birthday party there in January. It was a bargain at £100. There was 8 kids, they got 3 games and a meal each and Party bags. It took well over 2 hours and I just sat there while the Laser team took care of the kids.

You fool. You could have taken her to the AMEX!!!!

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Yes, in the former Embassy Cinema,

And wasn't there also one at the King Alfred in the former Ten Pin Bowling Alley about the same time?

Yeah thats right. I remember going to both in the early 90's with my older brother and his mates. I went to Lazer warriors the majority of the time. Recall people staying in the corners, people covering the sensors with their hands, sticking the gun right up against the sensor etc. As someone else said the terminator music and smoke made it all quite exciting. Well it did at the time anyway. Printed score sheets at the end to see who finished where. I don't think i did too badly considering i was with a group of people 5/6 years older than me. Maybe they were just being nice :facepalm:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
An ok experience greatly enhanced with some recreational drugs so I have heard :whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here