Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Large protest tonight Brighton!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
No, it's not. It's moved on.
I have no problem with PEACEFUL demonstrations but recently it seems ok to be violent.
Do you really think it's to attack police officers?

Violence at protests/demonstrations is a very old thing and not in any way "recent".

But by joining in,surely you agree with the violence. Unless you try to stop them?

Some seriously flawed logic. If 95% of the people in a protest behave while 5% misbehave, does this automatically mean that the 95% "agree" with the 5%?

Its like saying that by living in England, you agree with everything your government does - unless you try to stop them.

Harmyar

Mar 24, 2021
I had a very similar chat with a Met officer who I got chatting to in a bar on holiday. Only he said it didn't matter who someone supported - all football fans were fair game - "after all who really cares about football fans - their all seen as thugs."

It kind of highlighted to me ( although I already knew ) that the Met are just thugs in uniform ..... I've seen no evidence to the opposite either at football matches or on the news to suggest anything different. Please tell your mate he's a knut.

Really? Perhaps you'd like to repeat that statement to the widow of PC Keith Palmer?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Two sides two stories. How do you know the police provoked the crowd?

Conversely, how do you know they didn't?

There are many, many people telling their stories of what happened, including friends of my son, at University in Bristol, who wouldn't ever get involved in violence. I believe them, and video evidence backs them up. Clearly, you will look at this evidence and choose not to believe it. That is your right.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Violence at protests/demonstrations is a very old thing and not in any way "recent".

Some seriously flawed logic. If 95% of the people in a protest behave while 5% misbehave, does this automatically mean that the 95% "agree" with the 5%?

Its like saying that by living in England, you agree with everything your government does - unless you try to stop them.

I bow to your superior knowledge.
Not sure though that is in any way relevant.
My point was and is still that it's inexcusable to attack police officers, vehicles or stations at all.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
But by joining in,surely you agree with the violence. Unless you try to stop them?

Have you ever been to a football match? You may support a team while a minority of that teams support is hell bent on causing havoc + mayhem against the opposing supporters & the Police. You may not agree with the violence but you support the same team.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
And do you have any evidence that the police attacked peaceful demonstrators?
Even the independent can't find evidence of police throwing fireworks or bricks at crowds.

But it's ok for "protesters "

The links I sent included evidence of peaceful protesters being attacked, and as I told you, I have been told stories first hand.

Nobody has claimed that the police threw bricks or fireworks at the protesters. But they did attack people randomly by 'blading' them with their riot shields, and whacking them with their batons. This caused a violent response by a minority of the protesters.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Have you ever been to a football match? You may support a team while a minority of that teams support is hell bent on causing havoc + mayhem against the opposing supporters & the Police. You may not agree with the violence but you support the same team.

I have been to the odd game.

Not sure any of your post has any relevance to this discussion though.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
I bow to your superior knowledge.
Not sure though that is in any way relevant.
My point was and is still that it's inexcusable to attack police officers, vehicles or stations at all.

the opposing point being, it is inexcusable for a democratic government to ban peaceful protest

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I know the protesters are not all innocent, but come on, FFS

[tweet]1375612429460242434[/tweet]

Edit, Bristol not Brighton obviously.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I have been to the odd game.

Not sure any of your post has any relevance to this discussion though.

It's about supporting a cause, just because a minority feel the need to bring violence to the cause does not mean you support the violence.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Sky news reporting large protest Brighton, in front of police station

This government and it's enforcers need protesting. I'm in two minds because of the covid thing but in principal we need to be opposing the Tory's. As Boris Johnson and his cronies take the UK down an increasingly right wing path, as human rights are increasingly eroded, as the lies get bigger and the abuse of power gets more brazen, we will see more and more protest. It is required and it is important.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I Don't think so, the people disrupting tube trains, airport runways etc deserve to be arrested and charged.

Yes, the offence is disrupting tube trains, blocking runways, whatever (trespass, transport legislation, etc.- specific offences) - not just p1ssing some sad sack moaner off a bit.
Anyone who can't see the difference is either a Tory MP supporting the bill, or stupid.

.....or both.

D

Deleted member 2719

I know the protesters are not all innocent, but come on, FFS

[tweet]1375612429460242434[/tweet]

Edit, Bristol not Brighton obviously.

Yes, it doesn't look great, but small clips don't show the whole picture mate.

What else was going on before, had she attacked him before, spat at him grabbed his weapon?

Have you got any of the mob who were stoning old bill or bunging fireworks about or just causing disruption?

I don't do Twitter as you know, because people just post selective stuff that goes viral and activist just use it to create a divide.

It's a lose lose platform if you ask me, aren't you getting a bit old for Twitter.:lolol::whistle:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here