Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Large protest tonight Brighton!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Apartheid in South Africa, Poll Tax, fracking, the Berlin Wall, stonewall riots for homosexual equality, Tahir Square Protests, Egypt 2011. To force Hosni Mubarak out of power, March on Washington, USA 1963. Raise awareness about racial inequality and demand equal rights.

All of the above would be illegal in this country if the police decide if this bill is passed. Nazi Germany took away people’s rights to protest. Look what came next. Communism too, do we want that sort of society?

What if a government in future decided it was going to do away with elections all together? And we couldn’t protest?
(Ridiculous!)

If the police decide is quite key though. You don't know what they will allow at this time.

But it seems to be acceptable to set fire to police vans and throw bricks at them.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
will ensure this is my last post on this thread

....and 17 minutes later, after you stropped off, you are now back and resorting to name calling

You really are a quite disgusting individual ��ker

And all because I, politely, challenged your assertion you don’t care. How old are you?

Last edited:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
(Ridiculous!)

If the police decide is quite key though. You don't know what they will allow at this time.

But it seems to be acceptable to set fire to police vans and throw bricks at them.

A bot would struggle to come up with a more incomprehensible post.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
Yes, they think they don't believe in something, but they are really believing what they are being told by the main cult.

It's all cultism which is why they flock like sheep.

The sheep have many flocks, two typical flocks are the kept within bubbles, The Brighton and Bristol one's are out of control, and the old sheppard need to round these unruly sheep up and they need to be fleeced and if necessary put in a pen, if there are any rams amongst them off with their lamb makers.

If we don't stop the feckers now they will be allowed to breed and then larry the lamb will be off troting his stuff.

Please note, the picture below could be offensive to Mr plod, as larry rules his patch.

Madness.:nono:

(Ridiculous!)

who's opened the second bottle of vimto?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Yes, they think they don't believe in something, but they are really believing what they are being told by the main cult.

The sheep have many flocks, two typical flocks are the kept within bubbles, The Brighton and Bristol one's are out of control, and the old sheppard need to round these unruly sheep up and they need to be fleeced and if necessary put in a pen, if there are any rams amongst them off with their lamb makers.

If we don't stop the feckers now they will be allowed to breed and then larry the lamb will be off troting his stuff.

Please note, the picture below could be offensive to Mr plod, as larry rules his patch.

Uh, what?

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
(Ridiculous!)

This thread is about a protest that happened in Brighton yesterday, in support of our democratic rights, which the government is trying to remove from us. It was a good-humoured and peaceful protest, and at no point did I think that it was going to descend into violence. There were many people there, and we were there because we care about the direction that this country is moving in, with legislation such as this.

Just because the Mail and Express want to persuade you that we are all rabid, violent anarchists, that doesn't make it so.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Certainly very worrying that professional Old Etonian politicians like Boris Johnson and metropolitan elites like Pritti Patel are trying to limit the common man's free speech by deciding what can and cannot be protested against.

They'll be after strikes and picket lines next, mark my words.

Not on my watch....where’s my Brazier[emoji35]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Not on my watch....where’s my Brazier[emoji35]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Screenshot_20210328-174713.png

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You have to overlook these things and see the wider picture though. In a protest attended by a lot of people, not everyone is going to act "properly" and not everyone is going to be there for the right reasons but you have to overlook that. In any country where the state can intervene against any kind of protests in any kind of way, one of their tools is always to point out the "troublemaking" minority and use these as a justification to intervene, because they know a lot of people are to narrow-minded to realise that a protest is valid and justified even if not everyone is a "model protester".

There's often going to be disturbances and idiots anywhere where a lot of people gather but you cant let that detract from the real issues.

Fair enough.

Except that in the UK we see Covid a little differently to your lot, and the sacrifices many have made (not seing family and loved ones because they have taken government advice) rankles when they see mostly young invulnerable people disregarding very simple measures just because they are going off on one about something or other (by which time many observers will just regard the protesters as self-indulgent dick heads). One point of a protest after all is to engage more people, not simply to enjoy the company of the like-minded in an echo chamber, so alienating people like me is counterproductive, shirley?.

I say all that as someone who has been on a protest march (albeit anti nuclear, and 40 years ago) and who understands the social as well as political value of public protest.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Harry, while I agree with most of your post, I am not sure it is right to support such a contentious policy in another country. Imagine how we would feel if an American came on here supporting abolishing the monarchy (regardless of your own views, which I know would probably agree). You have to live and breathe the culture in a country to understand the context and nuances of a policy there. Can you imagine the carnage in the USA if the police were defunded? It is such a heavily armed country that I am sure all sort of criminals and weirdos would run amok (as indeed they do sometimes now).

Mate, I said 'agree' not support. I won't support it, partly for the reasons you outhine :thumbsup:

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009

:moo: I think the sheep you are referring to are more likely to be the ones distracted by the lovely flags, while Spaffer and his chums take away the opportunity for people to pull them up on their corruption.

D

Deleted member 2719

:moo: I think the sheep you are referring to are more likely to be the ones distracted by the lovely flags, while Spaffer and his chums take away the opportunity for people to pull them up on their corruption.

You don't get involved in all that feet stamping do you mate???

I have seen their flags.:hilton:

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2021-03-28-17-24-19.jpg
    SmartSelectImage_2021-03-28-17-24-19.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 97

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here