Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] lap of appreciation

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We were on the pitch at Shrewsbury, all of us, last game when we went up from division 3, i think? I do remember shouting in Danny Cullips face :lol:

My mate ran into one of the goalposts and knocked himself out.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hope of course we win ,but if City end up champs I suspect more than one/two muppets will invade the pitch.It's a long tradition in the game and we have done it ourselves.It's far more of a tradition than the rather naff lap of appreciation.

I cant remember a pitch invasion from the team who won the PL title, ever

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
IF they win the league and their fans invaded the pitch then there won’t be a presentation. It would be chaos. Easiest remedy is for them to throw the match!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
They’d be pretty dim to invade the pitch and risk a points deduction if they’ve won the league by 1 point!

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I cant remember a pitch invasion from the team who won the PL title, ever

Manchester City fans certainly did when they won the league in 2014.

563834D4-091E-40D3-A8EC-B64EF462D217.jpeg

https://www.buzzfeed.com/richardhjames/manchester-city-fans-stage-huge-pitch-invasion-after-winning

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Never have I understood pitch invasions. Why do people have this desire to run onto the pitch, what does it achieve?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Never have I understood pitch invasions. Why do people have this desire to run onto the pitch, what does it achieve?

What does it ‘achieve’ to stay in the stands?

A good pitch invasion after a brilliant, successful season is fantastic. It’s nice for the fans who watch from the stands all season to be able to get on the pitch every now and then. Don’t see the problem. We used to go on the pitch at the end of the season at the Goldstone whether it was a successful season or not.

It is a bit different with away fans though, I very much doubt City will go on tomorrow.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Home fans run on the pitch because the players can appear in the stand. That’s not going to be an option for an away team.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Our players will do their lap of appreciation. If City win, they'll just have to wait. The dais will have to be built for the presentation of the trophy and that takes time. There might be one or two muppets who try to get on the pitch, but I doubt there will be a pitch invasion.

Guardiola (only because they’ve won another trophy) will give faux praise to CH and the Albion players, which the remaining 5,000 will deem as making Citeh a classy club.

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Guardiola knows Bruno - wont be surprised to see them give Bruno a guard of honour on or off the pitch at some point tomorrow

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here