Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lansbury

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Championship new boys Brighton are keen to sign Arsenal youngster Henri Lansbury.
The 20-year-old enjoyed a successful loan spell in the Championship with promoted Norwich last season, and now the south-coast side hope he can do the same for them.
Initial talks have taken place between Lansbury’s representative and the Seagulls over a permanent move, but any deal will have to be concluded after the Euro Under-21 Championship in Denmark, where Lansbury is part of Stuart Pearce’s squad.
The question mark over the deal is whether Lansbury will be prepared to drop down a division, or if he would prefer to fight for a place in Arsene Wenger's first-team squad as he seeks to follow in the footsteps of Jack Wilshere and break through into the top-flight.

The question mark over the deal is whether Lansbury will be prepared to drop down a division, or if he would prefer to fight for a place in Arsene Wenger's first-team squad as he seeks to follow in the footsteps of Jack Wilshere and break through into the top-flight.

Short term loan ticks all the boxes then

Championship new boys Brighton are keen to sign Arsenal youngster Henri Lansbury.
The 20-year-old enjoyed a successful loan spell in the Championship with promoted Norwich last season, and now the south-coast side hope he can do the same for them.
Initial talks have taken place between Lansbury’s representative and the Seagulls over a permanent move, but any deal will have to be concluded after the Euro Under-21 Championship in Denmark, where Lansbury is part of Stuart Pearce’s squad.

Source?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Talksport via Brighton Newsnow

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Why would Norwich sign a good but unproven at Championship level player in that position (Bennett) for their Premier League campaign, if an amazing middle of the Prem standard one they had on loan last season and so must be in close contact with, was willing to drop down a league to a newly promoted club who've done nothing in the last 25 years?

Fingers crossed but this is surely the least likely rumour of the summer? In dreamland if it happened as think he's even better than the lad who went for 500k to Swansea and turned them into a promotion team.

Loan is at least a bit more realistic but would think a Prem team would want him? Maybe if we included a fee be more attractive or would be because guaranteed to start?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Maybe Norwich have spent all their pocket money

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Sun says he`s going back to Norwich even though last week they reported our interest.
They also said Bradley Johnson was signing a three year contract with Norwich.

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
He was quoted in the Observer on Sunday as saying he was looking to Jack Wilshere's example and fighting for a place in the Arsenal team. But if that didn't happen he would consider going to Norwich again.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We get an extra 4 million for promoting (plus extra from stadium and corporate granted)

They get 40 million for promoting though so be rather surprised if they had used it up. He's got to be viewed by their fans like Lua Lua is to ours so be scandalous surely if say Lua Lua signed permanently for likes of Shrewsbury. How would we feel? Especially if instead of buying Lua Lua given opportunity we went for Jake Robinson instead.

Just saying they would hate us if true.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Would that be this Henri Lansbury?

Henri Lansbury has revealed his determination to follow Jack Wilshere by breaking into the Arsenal side and England senior team next season. Lansbury came through the Gunners' youth ranks with fellow midfielder Wilshere, who has emerged as a star for club and country during the past year.

Wilshere spent the previous season on loan at Bolton before being given his big break by the Arsenal manager, Arsène Wenger, and Lansbury hopes his recent six-month loan spell at Norwich will produce the same result.

He has a chance to impress Wenger when he travels with England to Denmark for this month's European Under-21 Championship. "I think Arsenal's the goal now," said the 20-year-old ahead of England's warm-up friendly against Norway today. "I have to go back and give it a go from there. It's a chance for me to show the boss that I'm capable of a first-team place and it's up to me to do it."

(Sauce: Barbecue. Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jun/04/henri-lansbury-arsenal-england-under-21)

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Why would Norwich sign a good but unproven at Championship level player in that position (Bennett) for their Premier League campaign, if an amazing middle of the Prem standard one they had on loan last season and so must be in close contact with, was willing to drop down a league to a newly promoted club who've done nothing in the last 25 years?

Fingers crossed but this is surely the least likely rumour of the summer? In dreamland if it happened as think he's even better than the lad who went for 500k to Swansea and turned them into a promotion team.

Loan is at least a bit more realistic but would think a Prem team would want him? Maybe if we included a fee be more attractive or would be because guaranteed to start?

I think Wenger would get the right hump if they loaned him to a team and he didn't start regularly.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
We get an extra 4 million for promoting (plus extra from stadium and corporate granted)

They get 40 million for promoting though so be rather surprised if they had used it up. He's got to be viewed by their fans like Lua Lua is to ours so be scandalous surely if say Lua Lua signed permanently for likes of Shrewsbury. How would we feel? Especially if instead of buying Lua Lua given opportunity we went for Jake Robinson instead.

Just saying they would hate us if true.

Promoting what exactly?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Fingers crossed but this is surely the least likely rumour of the summer?

Where have you been the last few weeks?

This has to be more likely than either half of the Michael Owen / Diego Forlan partnership.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
My heart says someone like Lansbury would be exactly what we want to replace Benno but my head says it won't happen. Too many reasons come to mind - he has done his loan period to a succesfull lower div team and will now expect a chance to prove himself at Arsenal. He is in the U21 Euro tournament so will be very high profile over the next few weeks, and potentially on everyone's radar. His value will most likely escalate, could we afford him? Why would he come to us when there are likely to be Prem teams in for him, maybe including Norwich? That all assumes Wenger would let him go.....when he really needs to build a new midfield at The Emirates.

Hope I am wrong but can't see it happening.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
This is not gonna happen... we are looking at perm transfers right now, and (a) Arsenal and (b) the player would not be interested... so that's all 3 parties involved counted out... next!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here